Cams for D14

baz

Re: Cams for D14

Post by baz »

saxophonias wrote:i have always wanted to purchase the 2nd stage cam kit from bisi. Do you consider organising a group buy?
Interested!
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

baz wrote:
saxophonias wrote:i have always wanted to purchase the 2nd stage cam kit from bisi. Do you consider organising a group buy?
Interested!

interested to indeed i have a spare cam left :P but my bottom end must be done first. so this option is available for me over a few months (i have to take care of the bodywork as well :P)
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I think with stage 2 camshaft from bisimoto must be installed also harder springs and a cam gear
http://www.bisimoto.com/sport-compact/e ... -camshafts

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i have already purchased a cam gear but this is not the case. If there are some people interested maybe we can contact bisi and achieve a better price. We can take advantage of the currency difference too. We can wait for people to gather ;)

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

saxophonias wrote:i have already purchased a cam gear but this is not the case. If there are some people interested maybe we can contact bisi and achieve a better price. We can take advantage of the currency difference too. We can wait for people to gather ;)

yes indeed you get the picture haha

but not everybody that want this cam and maybe springs lives in the same country how do you want to accomplish that?

have it shipped over to a central point here otherwise you cant take advantage of the overseas shipping costs (1 box with 5 cams or one box with one cam:P) if we play it this way we can divide the shipping costs. only the guys that live further than the most of us have to pay the shipping costs from "our central point" to their own place

in my opinion this is the cheapest way :P
and my friend Emile has a lot of experience with ordering parts in America and company's like bisimoto's maybe he can arrange a decent discount. next Friday i'm going to work on my engine again and i will discuss this option with him....

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

first of all let's see how many people are interested and then if Bisi is willing to offer a better price. Maybe Nick could facilitate us the communication with Bisi

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

we will see :P
can't wait :P

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

We can do that and you can settle this with Randy from Bisimoto .
They have a Facebook account too Bisimoto engineering or you can contact Randy on his e-mail adres Randy@bisimoto.com.
Or on several online forums too.I can contact Randy too if you want .

But keep in mind you need to gather some cams to be able to do a group buy .They are not going to do this for only 2 or 3 cams .I think you need to look at 5 to 10 cams to get a good deal out of this.

Level 2 regrinded cam does require Bisi's springs .Titanium retainers aren't nessary ,oem retainers will do fine for most of us.You only need titanium retainers when you only race the engine on a race track and continiuosly keep reving in high rpms.For 95% of us this isn't the case.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Fair enough! I will make a topic for this group buy to see if we can grow concern. I can verify your sayings Nick for the lack of need for retainers for 2nd stage cam, but what happens in an engine with lots of miles on its back? Can they handle the extra revving?

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

nice nice, when to your local auto scrap yard you will be able to get a D14 cam for a regrind or a head because in general the most scrap yard people don't know the potential of the D14 engine so these parts are the cheap ones in comparison to B16 etc engines i have to cams but i have just one spare cam because i want to keep my car rollin'

ore in some cases you will be able to buy a complete D14 engine for just 50 euro's then you have a lot parts en iff you want to spend 5/600 euro's you are able to rebuitl the complete engine bacause the gasketset is for the entire engine :P