New Springs with OEM damper?

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
Law_

Re: New Springs with OEM damper?

Post by Law_ »

ok my friend ! thank you very much for the advice. 100'000 km not miles !
i'm still thinking on the better option but mini me is a priority ;)

demolik

Post by demolik »

I recomend eibach springs!!!
I have since one year, it's makes greate job!
My frend's have diffrent spring, but nutin compare to eibach. You don't lose much comfort, and car is much much beter keeping on streets and corners
Front is little bit lower, so don't have drag effect during quick start.

By the way beware of JAMEX (tihs!!) :x

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

saxophonias wrote:100.000 with stock shocks? :shock: It depends on use but it is long enough! Put the eibach springs but inspect your shocks for leaks often! I am sure your car will hand better.
i have stock shocks with 151.000 km :mrgreen: but looks in good/aceptable condition.

a really put my eibach pro kit, and the car looks more predictable and safe. they lowers the mentioned, about 3cm.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Take a photo to see how it sits.

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

saxophonias wrote:Take a photo to see how it sits.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

but the terrain area little bit irregular, and in the other side of the car the measures are a bit different. so it downs the announced.

cumps

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Good clearance! You can have an ek9 spoiler (bumper lip) without problems! :D

As for the different measurements the unequal weight (right to left), is something we notice too often and can be solved with coilovers. To be more specific, usually the passenger side in eudm models tend to be higher than the drivers. I thing this is due to jdm corner weighing (the driver where the passenger is).

SquirtAndSpark

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

saxophonias wrote:Good clearance! You can have an ek9 spoiler (bumper lip) without problems! :D

As for the different measurements the unequal weight (right to left), is something we notice too often and can be solved with coilovers. To be more specific, usually the passenger side in eudm models tend to be higher than the drivers. I thing this is due to jdm corner weighing (the driver where the passenger is).
this problem is common in the B series. in my case is just about the terrain surface that wasn't equal in both sides.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Thank you for the photos. the springs are great. Black does not call much attention at MOT. Looks much much better than OEM. I think i will buy those to start before my coilovers. Much lower than that and it will start to be unpratical. Thank you for the help.
Cheers

Law_

Post by Law_ »

i've found this H&R springs for about 100eur with just some weeks of use...
Dont know nothing about them but going to install them this weekend. Do you know any thing to tell me?Are they good?i've bought because it was cheap and looked like a good value for money.
Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=55
i had the same springs with my bilsteins. Go for it. They are progressive and not hard enough. If i did it again i might have used eibach springs.