Personal experiences D2 and K-Sport

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Personal experiences D2 and K-Sport

Post by Dodo Bizar »

My EJ9 chassis is fitted with a 3 year old D2 set (normal road). Spring rates are said to be 12 kg/mm front and 6 kg/mm back. Default damper advise is too weak. I adjusted dampers to 4.5 of 6 rounds front and 4 of 6 rounds at the back. Makes the car neutral during initial steering.

Performance is still ok after those years.

On the side, my EJ1 chassis is fitted with K-Sports medium set (1 year). Said to have 12 kg/mm front and 8 or 9 kg/mm at the back. Unfortunatly the damper of this set is too weak no matter which setting. So I put it on 6/6 both front and back, still initial response of the is a bot weak. No idea how this would work on the EJ9 since both cars differ 150 kgs, but I favor D2.

henrique b correia

Re: Personal experiences D2 and K-Sport

Post by henrique b correia »

i'm also using d2 coilover kit for some months and it's good stuff, let's see how long they last...

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

After 3 years I lowered the front end by 1.5cm, no problems encountered. First I cleaned all the thread, then I used a hammer and piece of metal to loosen the rings. Used a lot of WD40 together with de-greaser to change positions of the rings. Went nice and easy...

AngelDesign

Post by AngelDesign »

Hi all! I Angel, from Spain.

I have D2 for about 2 years and it still be a rock, too much hard. And I have set the compression to the minuimun.

Sebastix

Post by Sebastix »

My experiences with D2/K-sports that the sets are searching for the right positiion all the time when you're driving a on a non-egal road. Too bouncy and it feels not very safe when you are serious drving the corners.

Right now, I'm still very satisfied with my prototype coilovers set from OMI-Performance. Car handles great and when I need the stiffness of the set in the corner, the sets immidialty responses to that. The dempers are working all the time and not the car is absorbes the bounces, but the dempers are.

Here are the dyno shocks of the sets:

And they are more cheaper than D2/Ksport: 950 euro with pillow ball mounts!! When you order them now, the prize is only around 850.

More info about the coilovers you can find here: http://www.omi-performance.com/20-07-20 ... no-result/

Law_

Post by Law_ »

AngelDesign wrote:Hi all! I Angel, from Spain.

I have D2 for about 2 years and it still be a rock, too much hard. And I have set the compression to the minuimun.
Hello ! Please introduce yourself and your vehicle here
viewforum.php?f=3
I didnt knew D2 coils were so stiff. do you have other chassis upgrades?
cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Sebastix please make another topic especially for the coilovers you mention and continue the conversation there! Very useful info ;)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yup D2 is very stiff, know some guys that even quited them within a month.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Well i'm going to get the OMI Coilover set too.Will be released in about 2weeks as Martin himself said.
I'm getting 10K front and 8K rear with Pillowball mount offcourse and another set for my friends EG4 too.
I'm curious how it will respond ,i'm sure it'll be 100 times better then my Koni 1150 coilover kit :lol:
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Post your feedback man!