Personal experiences D2 and K-Sport

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
hondaNickx

Re: Personal experiences D2 and K-Sport

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:Post your feedback man!
I will for sure ,too bad winter is starting over here so i can't really test them yet...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Whenever you want make a new topic for these coilovers!

colsh

Post by colsh »

Hi everyone, has anyone had experiences with Tein mono-flex, i bought a 6 months old set at a bargin of £400, tho at the rear the N/S has about 1-2 inches left to drop the O/S is on its arse yet the wheel to arch gap on level surface is the same...mmmmh fuel tank??..lads gives a help. BTW the ej9 feels like a go cart on coilovers eh!!!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

colsh wrote:Hi everyone, has anyone had experiences with Tein mono-flex, i bought a 6 months old set at a bargin of £400, tho at the rear the N/S has about 1-2 inches left to drop the O/S is on its arse yet the wheel to arch gap on level surface is the same...mmmmh fuel tank??..lads gives a help. BTW the ej9 feels like a go cart on coilovers eh!!!
Tein Monoflex is very very good kit afaik.They compared them once with the Ohlins DFV.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

True!! And they are way too better in comparison to TEIN Basics and Superstreet.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Hmmm some bad experiences are occuring in the Netherlands in the meantime. Overhere a Prelude 3th gen driver (Mario) has a set of K-Sports under his car. All his dampers have started leaking. His damper rods are showing signs of pitting due to overheating of the material.

He could notice it on the highway, some dangerous swinging of the back-end and in the meantime MOT failed due to leaking oil. Communication with KS was troublesome (though his dealer who I know personally) tried his best, it was KS that let him down. Right now replaced with new dampers from KS or going to do that, but KS did not offer it for free...

Mario his problems occured around 2 years after mounting.

Anyone out there similar experiences?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

you will find several relevant stories man. Must be typical

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Bummer. Last friday I noticed some 'bonking' in the rear of my EJ1 car. Checked today, seems my K-Sports died on me after 4 years. Left shock is still fine, but the right is wet, rusted on the top of the strut and bonks if I push the car on it's back like a full cm down.

Still I think I should be lucky I've been able to use them for 4 years and almost 40.000 km. But if anyone has a K-Sport rear Civic shock for me let me know...

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

you could use anything I suppose. If you have time check ek9.org too. Occasionally you can find interesting stuff there.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Hi !
I've just bought a set of Koni Sport shocks.

Front: 8041-1152 Sport
Rear: 8041-1213 Sport

I will use them with my 35mm H&R Springs (29736-1).
Installing on monday, together with renewed bushings around the front suspension.

Does anyone knows if the Koni Sport have a TÜV certificate?
I have enough troubles with my car as it is :)
Feedback coming soon !

BR