Hardrace Suspension parts

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
saxophonias

Hardrace Suspension parts

Post by saxophonias »

I am very tempted for some of their products. Among their stuff i have picked this one
HARD TIE ROD
I would really like to know if this makes the steering more responsive and stiffer

saxophonias

Re: Hardrace Suspension parts

Post by saxophonias »

i found a description of a similar product
The geometry which goes wrong because of vehicle height down is corrected by offset of ball joint of tierod end. Advanced tuning which was cultivated with formula or GT car was redesigned, and it is commercialized as the parts of safety regulations conformity. The steer angle change (bump steer) which occurs at cornering is controled by just exchange of tierod end without troublesome setting, and linear and sharp cornering performance is realized. Action stability also improves a lot at braking, and it makes an ultimate limit battle possible. There are also super hard tierods which has outstanding shear strength, curve strength and endurance, increasing the tierod diameter. It supports hard running like curb cut, and prevents the troubles such as bending and breaking.
http://www.priceme.co.nz/Moonface-Super ... 57054.aspx

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

In our car (ej9) the problem is more the soft and many turning steering rack rather the tie rods.
I suggest to put harder silent blocks firstly for stiffer car.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i already have the energy busing kit on ;)

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Do you not pleased from the energy bushing kits?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

If the the tie rods of Hardrace is reinforced then it will have probably bigger joints.
I don't know how else it can be a tie rod reinforced or to give better feeling.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i am very pleased from energy kit, but i want to make the steering more responsive and heavy. The lightweight wheels and the reduce of sidewall of tyres have made the weight even lighter. Coilovers, pulleys and antiroll bars have helped a bit but i want it to be heavier and with more feedback

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Yes, it is classic problem of civics ej9.
The reason of the problem is the steering ruck and the steering pump that in ej9s are with one valve.
For example the ek4 vti has dual pump and this pump makes the steering wheel heavier at high speed.
Me too search the issue of improving the feeling of steering system.
I don't know if any pump with dual valves from other D series fit at D14 engines to solve somehow the problem.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Maybe also the aligning can help with this issue but I don't know the angles that we must set the suspension. :(

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

if we tune the castor angles then you will see improvement.There castor kits which are not very expensive (actually you change some bolts).
I am very interested in the pump issue. Maybe we should make a new topic and discuss about it