Set up riddle.

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Set up riddle.

Post by Dodo Bizar »

The rotational inertia might be a bit smaller with the 14 inch despite the 15 inch being the same weight...

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i have increased the height a bit (2cm) and i can say that the suspension works a lot better. it has become softer and the ride is way less jumpy. I decreased the height difference between the rear and front axle too. Now it is almost the same(less than 1cm lower in front). i can recommend this set up to anyone.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

BETEK wrote:hmm mm...........
Difficult issue you mention here
I am considering almost the same about the light steering wheel feedback.
One good step closer to have better feedback is swapping vti ek4 steering rack.
Then a dual valve pump.
And will help the wide tires also a little bit.
With aligning can you see any improvement or with some caster-camber kit.
I think that 0 camber will give better feedback, a heavier feeling at steering wheel and better braking distances
Sorry for misinformation about the Dual valve pump :oops:
There is no such thing about the eg-ek chassis.
I was confused from the pump's belt tensioning bolt (part 4 at pic) that these pumps have, comparing with our ej9s that have not this bolt.

Now about the riddle and to have better steering wheel feedback.
I have heard that the caster adjustment helps with aftermarket caster adjustable front upper arm.
Also some people say that swapping sides (right arm to left side, left to right) the OEM upper arms the caster takes positive values that help in better steering wheel response-feedback.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

indeed the caster increase can give a solution to this. There are some bolts too you can buy that give caster and they are cheap as well. The problem with my car is that the steering wheel feel keeps changing from times to times i think due to different temperatures. It is very prone to that. It's best time is at night when it is more solid and the suspension-tyres work way better. In Crete roads have ridiculously decreased friction level which in combination with high temperatures can give increased grip levels in different time of day

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Don't forget the R888 are easily 2kg heavier compared to normal tyres. In my case I got two almost identical sets of 15 inch rims weighing around 6.5 kg net. With a Michelin Exalto mounted the rims goes up to 13 kg, sometimes hits 13.5. With the R888 mounted it easily hit 15 kg! So the strength of the R888 by itself comes with a sacrifice.