buddy club N+ Coilovers

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
saxophonias

Re: buddy club N+ Coilovers

Post by saxophonias »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUDDY-CL ... ccessories
this is the vendor i bought mine from. The price is a bit higher though. I got them for 600+ usd. :roll:

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

How do like running on the 10K- 7K springrate ?I currently can swap my OMI coilovers to 8K-6K springrate but i think it's going to get a little to soft .My previous springrate was 12K- 8K that was a little too hard ,so i was thinking more like 9K -7K.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

to tell you the truth on track i would like them a bit harder, but on the road i would love them a bit softer. The front is ok but the rear is more jumpy than i would like. You don't love contact with the road but it is not comfortable for those sitting back. The thing gets a bit worse with the 24mm swaybar at the rear. Still this maybe this is caused from the dumpening of the shocks. My opinion is to choose the soft ones.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

saxophonias wrote:to tell you the truth on track i would like them a bit harder, but on the road i would love them a bit softer. The front is ok but the rear is more jumpy than i would like. You don't love contact with the road but it is not comfortable for those sitting back. The thing gets a bit worse with the 24mm swaybar at the rear. Still this maybe this is caused from the dumpening of the shocks. My opinion is to choose the soft ones.

You can solve this by replacing the rear springs with shorter springs with helper springs.This way you get more comfort on bumpy roads and still retain the stiffness when really driving hard.

I was going to plan this for my future spring setup.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

how am i going to do it alone though. I mean i will have to match 2 different springs as for their rates and sizes. Some people insist that by giving some preload on the springs then they give a bit softer ride. Have you heard about it?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

You just get the spring rate you like for your main spring (8k) and get helper springs that are comfortable.Mostly they are 6K 5K 4K 3K. just measure your spring in height and ID . most commen is 60mm and 64mm.Length's vary from 6-7-8-9-10" . Offcourse if you have springs of lets say 200mm in height now you'll need a shorter main spring to compensate for the extra assist spring height.For example 140mm main spring with a assist spring of 60mm.The downside is your springs will travel further cause the assist springs will compress fully with his lighter spring rate under hard cornering.But i don't think it make's that much difference in the rear.

Assist springs feature two major advantages. It provide a dynamic progressive-linear spring rate which adds a progressive feel to the initial portion of the stroke. The progression can increase ride comfort for a daily driver on the streets and highways. Once the assist springs are fully crushed, it transfer the rest of the job to the main spring. The second advantage is the ability to keep the main spring from coming loose during rebound and extreme cornering to prevent loss of traction. Assist springs are designed to be fully crushed at all times and always crush to the same height.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

thanks for the info. ;)