buddy club N+ Coilovers

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
saxophonias

buddy club N+ Coilovers

Post by saxophonias »

Buddy Club coilovers is my currently suspension. I had no previous experience with new generation coilovers before, so the difference in handling, feedback and total feeling was tremendous.
Here are the specs
http://www.buddyclubuk.com/damper-nplus.htm
The spring rates for mine are 10K front and 7K rear. There are 15 level of damper adjustability, and the height is adjusted independently of spring pre-load. I didn't purchase the top mounts as i already had energy bushings on the stock top mount. They are also monotube.
Buddy Club is a japanese brand, but their products must be made in Taiwan like almost all jdm brands (China, Hong Kong etc).
Some issues i had was the ride height. Due to the fact that i have 14inch wheels with shorter tyre profile (185-55- instead of 185-60) i had serious clearance issues, especially in the rear. The rear coilover would be too low on the highest position. So i decided to make some extra bushes installed in the top mount so as to increase the height. With these additives the height gives quite a good clearance. Of course it's to low even now.
Have a look at some photographs

These were before i make the extra bushings
The present height is a bit better but still it should be higher i guess.

The performance of these coilovers is outstanding. The more you tighten it the better the response, the handling and feedback. Turn in is amazing and extremely fast. The chassis response is a lot faster and more predictable. You know exactly when you are going to slide and you can act accordingly. Slip angles are significantly less and become even less as you tighten the suspension. Steering feedback and weight has also increased vastly.
What's the catch? The comfort has reduced and i've got even more bouncy ride. I can cope again but it could be a lot better.
More feedback to come...

Law_

Re: buddy club N+ Coilovers

Post by Law_ »

The Price of that?
Thanks ;)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Law_ wrote:The Price of that?
Thanks ;)
I got them very cheap once again from USA for 610euros. In Greece they cost 1200e :shock: A good price in the States is 700-800$ and a bit more in the UK

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Thank you. For that price my friend bought some Weitec GT... but for Audi.

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

Law, Weitec Hicon GT doesn't allow you to change damp force. I would recommend full coilovers set, KW v1/2, SPAX/BC Racing, something like that.

;)
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Thanks ;)

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

As said a modern Coilover has to be monotube, to have large enough piston, to be able to tune the height regardless of the preload and finally the stiffness. Almost all modern coilovers out there, do that and their price range is from 500 to 1000 USD. Buddy Club N+ have all these specs and up to now their are proved to be very reliable and with great grip. If you can live with them being a bit harsh but solid and a bit jumpy then they are great.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

The only drawback is the price... i'm looking to a Ta-Technix ones and they cost about 300euros. Thay are sayd to be too soft... And not having stiffness regulation... But for the price... At least they are height regulable between 3 an 8 cm ! Anyone had ones?
Last edited by Law_ on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

| would suggest to wait a bit more and buy BC Racing which is also good and more economical to Buddy Club

jeroenej9

Post by jeroenej9 »

I also have the N1+ coilovers, i'm very pleased with them. People say i ride low, but still haven 2 to 3 centimetres thread left :mrgreen:

I just have to fit the swaybars to get rid off the remaining bodyroll 8-)
From now on you are 'D' squad. 'D' for dirtbags...
"If Honda does not race, there is no Honda" Soichiro Honda