buddy club N+ Coilovers

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
saxophonias

Re: buddy club N+ Coilovers

Post by saxophonias »

jeroenej9 wrote:I also have the N1+ coilovers, i'm very pleased with them. People say i ride low, but still haven 2 to 3 centimetres thread left :mrgreen:

I just have to fit the swaybars to get rid off the remaining bodyroll 8-)
Let me ask you something. One problem i had was that the rear coilovers were too low on their highest position. This along with my 14inch 185-55 tyres were causing major clearance issues. So i was made to fabricate some higher top mounts so as to lift the car. Problem fixed now, but did you have the same issues as well?
Moreover, is it bouncy? Mine is more than i would like. I have set it on 3clicks (soft) for the front and 2 for the rear.

jeroenej9

Post by jeroenej9 »

I didn't have the rear issues at all, even now with 7x15inch ET37 wheels and 195/50 tires, i had EG6 wheels before that, also with 195/50 tires.

Must admit that i haven't played around with the settings yet, i'm planning to do that when i have the rest of the suspension mods installed. The way my local honda dealership installed it, was just fine for me. This is my first coilover suspension, so i can only compare it to stock.
From now on you are 'D' squad. 'D' for dirtbags...
"If Honda does not race, there is no Honda" Soichiro Honda

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

For the 1st km of use you should set it to 10clicks front and 7 rear. This is what Buddy Club suggests.

jeroenej9

Post by jeroenej9 »

I had a japanese manual :o haha
Oh well, can't change that now.
I haven't had any problems with them, no lekkage like some D2's
From now on you are 'D' squad. 'D' for dirtbags...
"If Honda does not race, there is no Honda" Soichiro Honda

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

http://www.miraclegarage.com/index.php
Make an account here! They are Buddy Club experts.

DJ Left

Post by DJ Left »

i want to buy these coilovers i like them!!! i want to make a few questions saxophonias. i have the ej9 hatchback with 195/50/15 tyres so let me ask you about the height, what's the range of the height adjustment, i mean the lowering range in cm... i want my car to sit low enough, so i see in your topic, it's a very low suspension. also what about damping?? are they stiff or soft??? i was thinking about tein superstreet too what about a comparison between buddy club n+ and tein superstreet???

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Man they go super low...If you have 15inch or 16 17inch wheels then it will be ok due to height increase. However as for me having 14inch with lower tyre profile it's a huge problem as i always have clearance issues. I have resolved this issue by using higher top mounts. You can fabricate your own ones very easily at low cost.
As for dampening they are to they firm side and a bit bouncy. They are very sporty though. You will enjoy spirited driving.
As for tein SS they are inferior in terms of design and way too soft. If you want something to the soft side then go with teins.

DJ Left

Post by DJ Left »

oo thank you!!! i think i'll enjoy them!!!

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

;)
Just order them from the internet as they cost double as much if you buy them from Greece :)

DJ Left

Post by DJ Left »

can you suggest me a site that i can buy the buddy club coilovers, i found them in www.springrates.com but i don't know how to order them