ASR swaybar kit

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
BETEK

Re: ASR swaybar kit

Post by BETEK »

Nice idea to make your own asr subframe ;)
I want too :mrgreen:
But where will you find the measures?
For the LCAs I don't agree to make them from aluminum.
What will be the benefit? Civics have light tales and the gain I think will be nothing from LCAs.
For good cornering it is better to brace the chassis and add polyurethane silent blocks.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

http://stickydiljoe.com/2010/03/30/seri ... me-braces/
Here is a useful article for asr buyers

there used to be a topic on ek9.org about sizes of the brace.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

I already laugh today about that article :D
i intend to make an ASR copy, or a subframe reinforcement as you wish. i can then share with you all. Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

As i told you someone has already tried to copy it and it had the real exact dimensions on a topic on ek9.org. You may need to search there a bit.
The reason for mentioning the above link is for anyone to know in case they buy the copy for the real.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Yes i understood ! Sorry, i wrote it on a rush ;) I didnt even finished !
I will work on this seriously next week. will download solid works and learn all about the chassis reinforcement. my main difficulty will be doing the adjustable parts. they need to be adjustable? or can they be fix? and i dont know if CNC machine can replicate the screws for the bolts or just make holes... I can even write Dodo upgrades on it x) Hahaha

If it goes write we could create a section for solid works, and everyone could design things and share. solid works is really user friendly ;) If you buy a piece of alluminnium, if will be cheap to create your things :D and you can obviously perfect them ! Im so happy :D

About lightweight LCAs, they are used in alluminium in all recent cars like BMWs and so. As quoted here, reducing unsprung weight is a good way to improve accel, and making the car more agile ;)

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Cannot find the thread on ek9.org saxophonias, maybe it isnt available anymore?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Law_ wrote: About lightweight LCAs, they are used in alluminium in all recent cars like BMWs and so. As quoted here, reducing unsprung weight is a good way to improve accel, and making the car more agile ;)
I agree with you but consider the cars that you mentioned are heavy.
Civic has light tale and needs more weight at rear axle to have better balance between the front and rear axle. That will help at cornering more with avoiding the understeering.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Hum it makes sense ! x) And how about the front ones? We could do some too x) Shouldnt be too dificcult. Will serious adventure myself on this world x) A friend of mine told me that machinig the ASR bar shouldnt be more than 50eur plus the price of buying the material of course ! Cheers

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Sander

Post by Sander »

I was just reading through this, as i have a rear sway bar on the way...

@Law: Have you made any progress on this? I plan on making the brace like this:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1636865

A really simple solution, that looks like crap, but will do it's job. It will only cost like 30 euro's.