Bigger Swaybars

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
Law_

Re: Bigger Swaybars

Post by Law_ »

weld yes :D

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Front one, custom made right? Do you want to specify? Please introduce yourself for people to know you =) Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

no man it's the rear one! And i dare to say it's the stock size of an ek4. 8-)

jangz

Post by jangz »

What size is the Front Sway Bar for the 99 Facelift Civic, I'm sure its either between 22mm or 24mm?

I got a quick question, I recently bought a 22mm ITR REAR ARB for my 99 Facelift Civic. I had a chance to get a 23mm but being so impatient due to the circumstances at the time I settled with the idea and bought the 22mm.

As my intent is for a Daily Driving Fast Road Setup, do you guys think I did the right thing? I want to stop as much body roll as I can aiming for a neutral feel with a bit of over-steer. I also intend to get the Eibach 30mm drop Pro Kit Springs also.

Regarding the 22mm and the rest being stock will I be getting much over-steer and how much roll can it help to stop. Would 23mm feel better and is there much difference between the 22mm and 23mm. Many actually recommend 22 which is comforting but I may still get the chance to pick the 23mm up. What about the 26mm front, does the car then feel like its on rails when doing a slalom?

Sorry for long post
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

All 96-00 Civics, except EK9 and EK4, have 22mm front swaybars.
I don't have experience with swaybars but I have heard that rear subframe with 22-23mm bars needs reinforcement

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57
have a look here!
You definetely need a reinforcement bar there otherwise you might wear your subframe.

jangz

Post by jangz »

LOL guys trust me I know full well about the rear sub frame brace that is needed but all I really wanted know is the feeling regarding a 22mm ARB to a 23mm ARB with my standard front sway bar which BETEK quoted to be 22mm.

Having 22mm front and 22 back would that be a very good setup or maybe upgrade in future to 26mm front and 23mm/or 22mm rear.

With the basic 22mm front and back or at least any sway bar say going around a bend at 30/40 mph will i be able to feel the ARB active stopping the body roll etc?
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

my guess is that you will feel the difference!ek9 has 22rear swaybar while dc2 23mm. I think that it has to do with the rear end being longer (coupe style)and maybe some weigh distribution issues that cause this change. I have also read that the dc2 is a bit more oversteerish than the ek9, maybe due to this change. In front they both have 26mm swaybars. But we should also bear in mind that the bseries engines weigh much more that a d14.I don't have any issues with my set up, but you can always place the rear one and then see how it responds with the stock front. If you aren't satisfied go for the bigger 26mm which is very easy to find.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I have a question about EK4/EK9 front stabilizer (diameter 26mm) installation.
If we want to change our Ej9 front stabilizer, we must unbolt the exhaust (downpipe and catalyst) in order to install the 26mm stabilizer? Or what else?