Chassis Reinforcement

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
Sebastix

Re: Chassis Reinforcement

Post by Sebastix »

1. urethane bushings (not quite a stiffness upgrade but by far the best mod to get more feedback from your car)
2. swaybars
3. roll cage
4. reinforcement bars

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I have been looking for some fender bars and a rear bar. Still don't want to cost very much. I can see that fender bars can cost from 130 to 160e or a bit more. Still I am not so convinced whether they could give a noticeable difference in handling or feeling. On the other hand the rear bar i think could be more useful. What do you think?

https://www.akr-performance.com/p/us-ra ... anel-53yqj
https://www.akr-performance.com/p/us-ra ... anel-14ivx

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I currently have no front strutbar and stock front swaybar in my EJ6 with the (40 kg heavier B-series) and it handles likes a soggy towel. Reason there is still no bar is ABS module that does not mix well with the ones lying around and still too lazy to search for a proper one / relocate ABS stuff.

My EJ9 also with stock front sway but with a front strut bar handles superbly compared to the EJ6.

There is more, the aligning of the EJ6 wheels is slightly toe-out while the EJ9 is toe-in and the EJ9 stands on D2 coils which I carefully tuned the dampers while the EJ6 has similar strength BC Racing but I still have not taken the time to properly adjust dampers (its more of a lazy cruising car my EJ6 despite the B16B in it...). So complete picture is a bit mystifying in my 'direct' compare of setups but I do guess it will make a difference...