RGT High performance sport suspension

From soft stock to hardcore track, what do you use?
sktaroins

RGT High performance sport suspension

Post by sktaroins »

Can someone please tell me something about this RGT suspension it has my interest & plz help me choose.

http://kereta.info/which-best-suspensio ... your-cars/

Iam also interested in Eibach :-

iam also interested in energy suspensions:-

and also interested in progress suspensions:-

my eyes are also watching this new east usa suspensions .. i wonder if they fit my honda hehe:-

so this is it guys please help me decide what to order between those options only :)

iam thinking RGT for the front and eibach for the rear and this is what is cooking in my head.

plz help me decide what to buy :)

SquirtAndSpark

Re: RGT High performance sport suspension

Post by SquirtAndSpark »

i have almost the Energy Suspension bushings on my car, what do you want to now? I can say that is more rigid than oem ones anda the car reacts more quickly, but you will feel more the holes in the road.

I had also the eibach pro kit springs, very good upgrade. I really like these springs, a little bit more hard and downs a car 3cm. the car turns mutch faster and is more stable. I had to sell them because have one sock absorver bleeding oil :?

now I use racing logic hyperstreet coilovers 10kg/6kg :mrgreen: (thats another league :D )

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Go for coilovers. They are a different league to simple springs and shocks. Have a look to the other topics I have made. Good value for money are Buddy Club +N, BC Racing, Racing Logic, etc... My opinion is to get coilovers with soft spring rates and then add stiff swaybars for the control. This way you don't sacrifice comfort.

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

now the decision is between four options but mainly between BC racing & Buddy Club :)

1-------Racing Spec (P1- RSD) Dampers ------ price - f829

Question - i dont see honda civic in the product list link here below so it is a problem so how do i buy if its not on the product list ????

http://www.buddyclubuk.com/acatalog/Rac ... mpers.html

here is the pic though.

2---------Racing Spec N+ & D1 Dampers------- price - f622

NOW THIS IS THE SECOND PART ...

link -
http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/c-bca01/hond ... ype-92-95/

A- 10/5Kg/mm Honda Civic EG 1992-1995 EYELET TYPE 40mm ----- price - f699

B- 12/6kg/mm 2-way External Resevoir Honda Civic 92-95 Eyelet--------price -f1399

I am interested in buying the last option bcoz iam thinking of the long run - meaning i want it to last atleast 20years down the way & Iam interested in the second option for buddy club ...

which one should i choose 1 , 2 ,A or B :)

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

so finally my suspensions are out

it was a dilema searching for suspensions and it was difficult - i had no idea what was an eyelet and a fork - lolz..

now im checking with BC racing if they can hook me up with those external reserviors and or ill have to check with buddy club too

my gut feeling tels me the buddy club suspensions are just ready to order and BC is taking time - but im still waiting their reply.

wish me luck - 5days passed already and iam stressed out - my registration is over and my test failed bcoz of the terrible suspensions.

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

just got the reply back finally and iam getting BC racing suspensions for 699 pounds plus 8 pounds bank charges.

i am expecting them by Thursday next week

looking forward to posting pics by then

c u soon :)

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Hey Skatroins please do me a favour!!! Measure the diameter of one of the coils using an accurate method (vernier or piece of string wrapped round circumference), please measure to the nearest 0.5mm. Also please measure the outer diameter of coil, that is the width of the spring that use from the picture you posted above, this can be to nearest 1mm. But do the best you can.

You are uniquely positioned to measure this accurately! I want to calculate the spring rate of our stock suspension.

I appreciate your help.

Would be good if you took a picture of what you measuring aswell so that we can confirm the dimension.

Regarding your question, to be honest I've never used anything but stock. Probably saxo or betek can give you a good opinion on your purchase. They are coilovers no?
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

they are decent ones, many people have been using them with out problems. Good buy ;)

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

That "East usa suspension" is AST suspension which is a Dutch manufacturer of coilovers.They make some good suspension.

The best of the best they say is Ohlins suspension but they are reallyy expensive.There's actually a brand new Ohlins set for sale on EK9.org right now .He's only asking €1600 i believe .New they are around €2000 - €3000.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

I got my self a set of BC racing susspension - i wish i knew earlier...i was so away for a long time.