want to upgrade my brakes!

The last important bits between your car and the street
BETEK

Re: want to upgrade my brakes!

Post by BETEK »

The heat capacity of 262mm discs is less than 282mm discs.
The braking balance is better with 262mm discs. But the 262mm discs crack very often as I know.
One good brand is the brembo MAX discs for 262mm discs
and the same discs after hard use of 90000 kilometres still good :!: ;)

If you want an overall brake upgrade it is wise to swap 282mm discs on the front and 260 discs at the rear axle with a bigger master cylinder and servo (brake booster). With these mods the braking will be much better and the balance corrent between axles. Oh if you have ABS you will need the EK4 proportioning valve to work better the modification

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

cheers for the reply Betek!
Iv seen those brembo 262 discs for sale new @ £92 and they look really good!
Now you mention balance of brakes, i wasnt planning on swapping to discs on the rear, so I think im guna stick with the 262 brake option and upgrade the lot!
Brembo dics £92
EBC green pads £54
Brake fluid, any recomendations? :?

Cant wait till end of months wages, cars will be able to slow down again lol :D

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i think you can find them cheaper. Just look more. As for fluids consider motul rbf 600. They are great. As for pads check the ferodo ds2500

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

pardizzle21 wrote: Now you mention balance of brakes, i wasnt planning on swapping to discs on the rear
Consider that with rear discs your brake system will have more lasting because the discs eliminate better the heat from drums.
But in any case with correct and normal use (if you not strain them hard) I think there will be no problems for many thousands kilometres.

For the brake fluid it will wise to use any DOT4 fluid and not any other dot mark fluid.
The racing fluids don't last as the road use ones. So it's better and safer to use only road use fluids.
And of course the best will be the genuine Honda fluids but any other well known brand will be fine!!
And something important, it is good to change the brake fluids every 2 years because of humidity they collect with the time.

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

ahh all very useful info, i'm ashamed to say the brake fluid has never to my knowledge been changed!104,000km!

Il have a look around and see what price I can get the discs for,cant wait til payday!
:)

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

right on bruv - cant wait for pay day and stash to increase so i could atleast start doing my mods :-)
brembo looks great - 90000km 4real ? thats amazing