good brake setups

The last important bits between your car and the street
lakaiD14

good brake setups

Post by lakaiD14 »

today i installed brembo MAX brake disc's with ferodo ds2500 pads

i was tolded that is is a really good setup, but are there any disadvantages, because the salesman TOLD me that i have to brake my discs warm......

are there any other nice setups? like to know ;)
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

BETEK

Re: good brake setups

Post by BETEK »

I had for 26 months the discs brembo max, they are really good discs with carefully use you will not have crooking issues.
A god set is to use them with lucas-trw brake pads because they are soft and worms up to working temperature very quickly.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I used them with very hard way.
Ι did not show mercy on the discs.
Here is the results.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I have the same brake setup (brembo max and ferodo ) and i'm using it for almost 2 years now.They need a little heat to break hard but i neverhad any issues with that.They still brake good when cold ,you just hve to heat them up a little before you're going to brake hard.If you change your brake fluid every year or every half year this will brake hard enough with 260mm disks.
Stainless brake lines would make this even better.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Guys i used to have a great problem with discs bending after a short period of time. I did all the typical search for uneven surfaces and malbalanced material in the driving and steering axle but it proved ok. When you bend your discs then the steering is shaking and braking is awful. I used genuine honda discs, nissin, lucas but nothing. Finally i used FTE discs and my case was solved. They are very strong and can last a long time. They were simple replacement discs and their price was 90e. As for pads i use ferodo premier and can't fault them at all.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

saxophonias wrote:Guys i used to have a great problem with discs bending after a short period of time. I did all the typical search for uneven surfaces and malbalanced material in the driving and steering axle but it proved ok. When you bend your discs then the steering is shaking and braking is awful. I used genuine honda discs, nissin, lucas but nothing. Finally i used FTE discs and my case was solved. They are very strong and can last a long time. They were simple replacement discs and their price was 90e. As for pads i use ferodo premier and can't fault them at all.
Whats the price of the both Brembo max ?
Cheers

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

120 euros in Greece

NIO

Post by NIO »

I used to drive brembo max and ferodo ds2500 and I can tell that brembo max sux, 20 000 km and discs are twisted. I had to grind them so I can drive normally. About the pads I can tell only good things, never failed me.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

NIO wrote:I used to drive brembo max and ferodo ds2500 and I can tell that brembo max sux, 20 000 km and discs are twisted. I had to grind them so I can drive normally. About the pads I can tell only good things, never failed me.
so what do you reccomend? Cheers

NIO

Post by NIO »

For track days I will recommend to use ceramic or carbon disk with ceramic pads (expensive option) or OEM disks with some semi-performance pads like ds2500.