Problem with brake pads.

The last important bits between your car and the street
tsameti

Problem with brake pads.

Post by tsameti »

Hello guys, I've bought a car Honda Civic EJ9.
It has some problems but all in all its ok.
I mentioned that brake pads rub on brake disc on the right side and after it becomes hot it has noise. Inspite of Im loosing my brake pads I think it also affects on fuel consumption.
Any ideas how to resolve the problem?

hondaNickx

Re: Problem with brake pads.

Post by hondaNickx »

Maybe they're just weared out?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

tsameti

Post by tsameti »

No brake pads are ok, I think problem is when I use brake, after that brake pads dont return to there previous position.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Check if the pads is for your car.
Because civics used to have 2 type of brake pads.
One for 240mm discs and one for 262mm discs

tsameti

Post by tsameti »

Today I disintegrate my car. Wheels, brake pads and I found that the piston which put presure on brake pads was rusty, thats why it didnt come back to its normal position. so now I remove rust and it works better, but I need to buy new one or change everything.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Ahh you're brake caliper piston is worn out .You can buy a revision set for the calipers with a new piston and rubber seal so you can replace them.
But they are expensive afaik...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

one fast question. Do you know whether the civic si ex usdm version with still the 260mm discs have smaller pads? I ordered a brake disc pads combo from usa and the pads (axxis semi metalic) are smaller to mines (ferodo). The seller says the are the right ones and i believe him. I tried to put them on and they are clearly have smaller surface on the discs and need some slight modification to fit. Have a look
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6893/pads2.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3219/pads1.jpg

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

They don't fit because the american ex civics have smaller-different callipers than european civics with 262mm discs.
It is dangerous to install them at your callipers.
Once when changed the brakes the garageman installed smaller pads and then I didn't have almost any brakes.

tsameti

Post by tsameti »

I bought used brake calipers in good condition. now I want to paint them in red. And also I bought EBC brake pads, I search on there web site by model. after I received I realised that they are smaller than original ones. Be careful when choosing from EBC web sites.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

so maybe same problem with me? Any pics?