Ultra high performance radial tyres

The last important bits between your car and the street
saxophonias

Re: Ultra high performance radial tyres

Post by saxophonias »

I can assure you that the 888 are not for rainy days. They might lead to a crash.. Otherwise they are a dream. I think the r1r are a great solution.

Power of Vtec

Post by Power of Vtec »

R888 are dangerous not only when it rains, but even if one side of the car, contacts dirt and generally, surfaces with different grip levels
"The unique valve cover, the hidden spark plug wires. this is something any serious engine enthusiast will recognize instantly: Honda's B-series".

sktaroins

Post by sktaroins »

Ow gee thx guys, ild go with the daily use.
I realised that even on my roadstone radials 195-50-15 steering is a bit heavy at parking only...
I was thinking of getting a proper suspension too.
Any suggestions.. ! And how much you got them for and from where?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Well, I kinda like the hard sets which are height and damping adjustable. Got D2, very happy with them now for 5 or 6 years. And I got K-sports which in my opinion have non-matching springs and dampers. The dampers are too soft compared to the springs a bit. But technically my sets are ok. Now I do see a lot of broken K-sport sets, they tend to leak fast. I guess I had one of the first sets which has better grade steed in the damper rod. It's the damper rod which shows pitting in almost each newer set I've seen here in the Netherlands, small holes due to heat/stress, which in turn lead to leaking.

So my advice, whatever you do, don't put your money on K-sports. Though D2 is apparently made in the same factory, the design is slightly different and the materials used could be different as well.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

have a look at the right section there are plenty of solutions nowadays which work very conveniently