High performance summer tyres

The last important bits between your car and the street
BETEK

Re: High performance summer tyres

Post by BETEK »

And what about Michelin Pilot Exalto, is better tire than Bridgestone or not?
The Bridgestone I think is hard tire and slows to warm up.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

BETEK wrote:And what about Michelin Pilot Exalto, is better tire than Bridgestone or not?
The Bridgestone I think is hard tire and slows to warm up.

Bridgestone potenza's are really good tires ,very very good grip and a fairly hard sidewalls for a street tire.The Turanza's aren't sporty street tires...Never had any experience with michelin i would recomend Bridgestone potenza RE-11 or Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 Top end street tires that perform good in dry AND wet conditions.
You need to drive Good to warm up your tires properly or get some Softer compound brand like Toyo ;)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Law_

Post by Law_ »

My car came with these :

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?d ... P&dsco=134

Apart from being the uglier tyres i've ever seen they are 13"... Even worse. Grip in wet conditions is at the very least bad ! Grip in dry conditions is not good too, but i have no other tyre to compare =) and they seem expensive, when i look at the price. Definitly a no !

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

the bad thing is that in 185-60-14 you don't have many choices. This is why i have moved to 185-55-14. It's more expensive but overall the advantages are more.

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

my weapon of choice is goodyear eagle F1

this tire is heating up propperly, realy sticks to the road. in wet weather also. this tyre is very well also iff u like to play with tire pressures.

i want to try those falken 452 (i suppose) tires, are they anny good?
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Hankook make very good tyres also. Any option available for our sizes?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I bought finally 1 month ago Continental tires (PremiumContact 2 195/50 R15 82H).
They are soft tyres that is good for comfort but they are bad at cornering.
The Bridgestone that I used to have were good for cornering and braking but after they come at working temperature.
After a year they beared cracks and lost they good performance at the cornering and braking.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I have now Toyo Proxes T1R 195/50 R15.
Better for performance use from Continental tyres but worse from Bridgestone tyres for "extreme" use.
Toyos T1R offer a good combination of daily driving and performance use for their price.
I hope that they will last more than Bridgestone Turanza tyres

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i have them on my peugeot 309 in 195-50-15 (in gti rims :D ). They are really comfortable but their sidewalls are too flexible and they aren't for spirited driving. Comparing to my s-drives i think they are worse. But on the other hand i got them really cheap from camskill (170e shipped) :mrgreen:

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Yes, that is really cheap and good for their price
The Bridgestone Turanza used to have very hard sidewalls that made them ideal for cornering