High performance summer tyres

The last important bits between your car and the street
saxophonias

Re: High performance summer tyres

Post by saxophonias »

The indicators on the tyres are very useful to understand specs about them!
These are my s-drives.
Temperature A
Traction AA
Treadware 300

My Toyo R888 have the same specs apart from the treadware which is only 100 :roll: 8-)

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

My Toyo T1R have the same specs except the threadwear is 280.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

So they are softer. The number itself is a bit out of place but it's useful for comparison. Typically 100treadware refers to the capacity of the tyre to run 50.000km on the highway before it goes bad. That was the original iso number. Still as is said this isn't followed strictly by manufacturers but it is useful only for comparison.
It makes sense for T1R. I have been hearing from everybody that it is a softy one. Are you satisfied Nick?

Power of Vtec

Post by Power of Vtec »

i had T1Rs once, too. 195/55/14
it's quite soft indeed. i was very satisfied. an "honest" tire
"The unique valve cover, the hidden spark plug wires. this is something any serious engine enthusiast will recognize instantly: Honda's B-series".

Power of Vtec

Post by Power of Vtec »

i asked here for the RE011. sorry,saxophonias,but we'll never see it :(
Dunlop Z1 star spec, either
i'm thinkig for Parada spec2 now. 280euros
"The unique valve cover, the hidden spark plug wires. this is something any serious engine enthusiast will recognize instantly: Honda's B-series".

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

215e for parada spec 2 shipped to Greece from camskil
and 120e without shipping from demon tweeks.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Camskill is a good shop for tires .I only used the T1-r's 200-300km .Didn't noticed anything that is way better or worse.I have the winter tires on now ,but i'm looking into getting back some 15" wheels next summer.With either the Kumho ESCTA KU15 or Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 if i can get them over here.I can get the Kumho's for 57euro/tire (195/50/15) the Neova AD08 will be much more expensive i expect them to go around 110 -130euro's /tire.But they are like the uber street tires that work well in wet and dry conditions ,so it's worth it for me.Downside is they need to be imported from Japan cause 195/50/15 is only available in Japan.EU only gets 205/50/15

Edit i just asked from a local importer and he could import the Neova AD08 195/50/15 tires for a total of 499euro / 124.75Euro each .But that includes shipping cost and i think those tires are cheaper in Japan .So they most likely cost around 100 euros or less in japan.Still expensive but it is a very very good tire .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I am thinking to buy Hankook Ventus Prime tyres 195/50 r15 or 205/50 r15, did somebody tried them or have opinion?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I have now Bridgestone Turanza 195/50r15 but they are bad tyres because of bad grip and also they dried in an year.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Try the bridgestone potenza Re050 they are more of a sporty tire and will handle better then the turanza's. ;) They are also factory fitted on the new civic's afaik.