brake lines

The last important bits between your car and the street
saxophonias

brake lines

Post by saxophonias »

some time ago i bought goodridge brake lines and i swapped them today. They were from an ek9 but unfortunately only the front ones could be used. When i put some rear discs i will add them then. The brake fluid i have been using is Motul RBF600 which is a real performer. I will comment about the differences in the near future.

BETEK

Re: brake lines

Post by BETEK »

Good news man.
Did you see any improvement?
I have too Goodridge lines but I can't say that I saw any difference :roll:
Did you change the discs?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

no the discs are ok for the moment (until they get really heat up and start trembling). Did you put the brake lines to the rear axle too? Unfortunately mines couldn't be swapped (due to difference caused by the drums). If i remember right you have rear discs right? I got them used really cheap from ek9.org. I think 30pounds shipped.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Yes, I have in rear axle too brake lines with rear discs.
I am not sure that there is any difference between the Goodridges and the OEM ones.
In any case it is good that you changed the OEM rubber lines because as the time passes the have more possibility to fail one day.
But the metal lines have more life time

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I changed brake lines and brake cylinder both in one go on the EJ1. So can't tell exactly the diff, but entire package felt much firmer afterwards. Really plenty of pedal stroke left even when track driving. Btw I have never driven something else than RBF600 on track. Should feed my EJ9 that stuff one day to.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

There are rbf660 too. I have been using these for a long time now. The drawback is that i don't change them very often. I usually keep them for 2-3 years.