Specifications of stock d14 gearboxes

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
BETEK

Re: Specifications of stock d14 gearboxes

Post by BETEK »

SquirtAndSpark wrote:nice information :P

can be use the cables like in the K swap ?
Yes, but we have to confirm it.
I am pretty sure 99% that we can swap the gearbox.
The only thing I don't know about the mounts if the same.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I'm 99% sure it doesn't fit without modifying.Look up on D-series.org some people already tried fitting a D17 gearbox to a D16z6 it doesn't align properly.
The engine and gearbox are the same type's as used in EP's and EM2.
Those engines are different then most D16 engines, they are a new breed of D16 engines.
You can't even control the gearbox cause it's Cable !You need a Cable to hydro conversion that doesn't even excist for D-series ... :? You can always try and fit it yourself but i wouldn't spend a lot of money on such a gearbox.I think you would be more taking out the gears and swapping them into your transmission.(if they fit)
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I know that they are cable gearbox but the HRV engines are more close to eg-ek D-series engines.
For example the electronics are almost same, manifolds same 100% etc
For sure the EP civics gearboxes don't fit to 92-00 civics but for the hrv we have to confirm if does or not.
The cable shift mechanism is not so difficult to install at civics. There are many diys and project with cable issue around the web.

I looked at EPC for the mounts and they are different, but the part that contacts with the engine has same holes i think
Below are the photos of hrv and civic 92-00 gearboxes
I put them to compare and discuss the issue of fitting to 92-00 D-series engines.

HRV

civic s20-s40

And the links
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-HR-V-HRV-1- ... 004wt_1084
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-1999- ... 1218wt_912

Some others views of HRV gearbox
2x4
4x4 gearbox

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Even by looking at these pictures you can clearly see they don't line up 100%.
Look at the starter motor hole , the starter motor is on the other side of the transmission and several holes are too .There's 1 bolt you allready can't fit anymore...And you still need to find a HR-V 2WD tranny , i don't think they are that easy to find.I mean you can try fitting it but it's going to aquire custom work.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

BETEK could you post the part number of the final drive gear and the countershaft of that Honda HR-V 2wd ?Maybe price too if you got honda epc ? Final drive gear ring is part nr. 5 in this picture Image

And countershaft is nr. 1 in this picture.

If we can compare them we could see if they match and might be the same

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

I asked around on some single cam forums and D-series tranny guru "Mr bone" A.k.a "Transzex" said the HR-V transmission was based of a B-series transmission design.So i think it's a bread apart...

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

The prices must be wrong

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

D16Y7/8 specs

5door MB series Civic (95-00) transmission specs including D14Z3/4 and D16W3/4 engines

92-95 Civic
Last edited by BETEK on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

D13B
------------- -------- Eg --- Ek
-------1-speed ---3.250 -- 3.250
-------2-speed ---1.761 -- 1.782
-------3-speed ---1.066 -- 1.172
-------4-speed ---0.852 -- 0.909
-------5-speed ---0.702 -- 0.702
-------Reverse ---3.153 -- 3.153
Reduction ratio -3.722 -- 4.058

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

well done man! I have the mb2 d14a8 gearbox which has the 4.4 final drive. Very happy with it but i would like to like
to swap in my previous d14a4 2nd and 3rd gear just to make it shorter. Can it be done? or do i have to mess with
the other gears too?As for the d13b gearbox i have always used to think that it's the best combo. Are you sure the
numbers you got there are correct? :roll: