Aftermarket Clutch Master Cylinder

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
saxophonias

Aftermarket Clutch Master Cylinder

Post by saxophonias »

Hi there. Some time now the stock clutch cylinder has been loosing some fluid periodically. So i have been thinking of replacing it with something better and stronger. I know that the clutch cylinder is responsible for the pedal feel and the travel it has. Have a look

The whole diagram

What is your opinion?

Did you have any experience with leaking? My stock clutch is going down for sure, do you have this has anything to do with it?
Maybe it's time i swapped the exedy clutch kit along with the fidanza flywheel and a stronger master cylinder i have been having in the garage for 3 years now:roll:

hondaNickx

Re: Aftermarket Clutch Master Cylinder

Post by hondaNickx »

Don't ... the only thing that does is mess up your synchro's.You can't shift fast enough to keep up with the clutch and visa versa.Oem honda shifters shift fast enough imo.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

no reason to doubt your opinion. Still eg6 and ek4 have a significantly shorter clutch travel making it very easy to shift fast. Any thoughts on that?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Just placed it yesterday. The stock had a leakage. I bought a nisin that is the same brand as stock, but not from honda.I got it only for 48e.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

You can adapt a ek9/ITR shifter to fit the ej9 /d-series .I've done it allready and it gives you a oem short shifter.

Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

saxophonias wrote:Just placed it yesterday. The stock had a leakage. I bought a nisin that is the same brand as stock, but not from honda.I got it only for 48e.
At the box was written aisin and at the cylinder nissin?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

BETEK wrote:
saxophonias wrote:Just placed it yesterday. The stock had a leakage. I bought a nisin that is the same brand as stock, but not from honda.I got it only for 48e.
At the box was written aisin and at the cylinder nissin?
Can't recall man! Actually i only saw the master cylinder writing nisin.
Nick how did you reduce the size?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

A grinder , a saw , a mill , anything that works for you.
The best or easiest way is on a milling machine but not everyone has acces to those.I used a EK9 shifter and was told they are the same as the ITR shifters except the EK9 shifters are silver. ;) You can clearly see they have a dual bend and are slighty longer so they shift a little shorter.The dual bend also brings the shifter closer to you.In my case it helps out a lot cause i'm a tall guy and have long legs :lol: