short throw kit

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
Firebass

short throw kit

Post by Firebass »

i was thinking of one of these little guys , i went for a ride a popular spot in athens with my friend's yaris and this little guy rox :)))
your opinion ?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Law_

Re: short throw kit

Post by Law_ »

heard they are not very good. the good ones are much expensive, so just cut your gear lever at the half way and weld the tip back. it will be clean and will work ! feeling is way different ! its a cheap modification ;)

Edit:
Sorry, I have to correct myself.
Cutting the shifter is actually not the best idea.
From civic-eg.com: "If you saw off your shifter you are still pivoting from the same point, so your shift distance is actually the same, but you have even less leverage now to shift to that point, thus making your shift slightly more difficult and possibly damaging due to mis shifts and more stress".
Last edited by Law_ on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

you made it that way ? can i see a photo of how actually u ve done it ?

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Didnt made it but would made it that way, cause i've seen a couple of them done as i'm saying. i would then make a DIY ! Dont worry ;) Cheers

lumpenst

Post by lumpenst »

i used to have a short shifter from ebay. I would not recommend it as they make the shifting more difficult as you cant engage in gear sometimes if you dont fully push it and requires more force to be applied. In stead of helping you to change gears faster it can cause syncro scratch when you try to shift fast. I later turned back to the stock shifter.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

X2

Oem honda allready shifts pretty short , i never miss shifted as much as with my short shorter back in the day.Went back to a oem shifter and never got any problems.Now i'm running a modified EK9 shifter that shifts a little bit shorter then oem and that one runs great.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

is it true that we can use b-series short shifters with some cutting? Which parts do we need?

boggs

Post by boggs »

saxophonias wrote:is it true that we can use b-series short shifters with some cutting? Which parts do we need?
Yes you can use b series shifters if you cut a small bit off the the very bottom of the shifter a friend of mines had a oem ek9 shifter in his ej9. I use a tegiwa Flat Line Performance replica shifter.. It keeps the actual shift throw distance the same as a stock ek9 although it is extended and balanced feels really nice and doesent require any modification to fit on d series would recommend it although its best used with a heavy gear knob.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

from integra it fits very good

Law_

Post by Law_ »

anyone knows a good short shifter for a decent price in Europe?
I did not want to use ebay stuff, but Skunk 2 is sooo expensive... Tegiwa maybe?