DIY : B series transmission to D-series engine.

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: DIY : B series transmission to D-series engine.

Post by Dodo Bizar »

From what I seem to measure on my dyno sessions, yes, generally about 20 to 30% more compared to D's... but it is not a fair comparison perhaps.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

well me and saxophonias talked with a guy and told us that even the Vti get problems with their gear boxes in time , the disk is getting dmg easilly so not adviced to do all this thing :))
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

we are finally about finished with the D2B kits and the initial run of 5 kits should be ready to ship in the next week or two.
A few pics of some of the parts:

Here's a few more mock up pics with the oil pan on and one of the drivers side mount.

Here's a much nicer pic of the kit:

http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/Onlin ... s/D2B2.jpg

We are also working on a lower cost "standard" kit that will allow the use of a 2 or 3 bolt post mount and other chassis fitments.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Nice, does the mount for the intermediate shaft bolt on to the stock block or do you need to drill and tap holes in it?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Nice, does the mount for the intermediate shaft bolt on to the stock block or do you need to drill and tap holes in it?

The D16a9 /D16z5 allready has those holes afaik.And maybe some other bottem ends too.The other ones need to have that drilled or adapted.I'm not sure but you might need a little spacing block .
All in all this swap can be done by yourself pretty easy.
Would be nice to just put a B18c transmission with Lsd onto our engines and have the same advantages as the B-series engines have :lol:
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Nice work!
With this kit it is possible to bolt the HRV gearbox at ej9s?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

wow, did you fabricate your self?
How is it going to be the cost of kit?

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Guys i copy and pasted this from Onecamonly from Speedfactory themself like i did with the previous post on here.
I do not make this ,Speedfactory does. ;)
I think the Hrv transmission could work not sure though.But i don't think you wanna waist money on a Hrv transmission when you could have a shorter and better Type-r transmission with lsd allready in it.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

how much would this cost?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

And believe me, Type-R tranny is real good...