Aftermarket Cluthes

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
saxophonias

Aftermarket Cluthes

Post by saxophonias »

D14 clutch is very strong and lasts for almost 200K. Some stock clutches have lasted even more verifying the reliability image of Honda. Still when the power increases significantly or you drag race your car often, you might need some more. At this topic we will present the possible options.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Aftermarket Cluthes

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I did drag about half a dozen events, drove a bit on the track and drove 325.000kms up to today with my EJ9. Still OEM D14 clutch in there performing without a glitch!

Except for a small squicky/rattle sound of the clutch pedal itself when I press it :).

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

I get that squeak in my Ej9 and so does my friend in his!!! any idea what it is???
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Almost everybody has it. Lubricate the clutch pedal or it might come from the clutch plate or the clutch pump. It goes away and comes back occasionally.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

It's the throwout bearing release fork that is low on grease and squeaks on the pivoting point .Normally you should fix this Asap cause it wears out the release fork until one day you got a hole in it.Mine does it too ,but i'm going to replace the clutch anyway ...Ow yeah go to the honda dealer and get some genuine Honda urea grease to lube those points.Don't use regular grease!It will burn and makes your clutch stick.It's the same thing when a door is low on grease it starts to squeak cause it's iron rubbing on iron.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

I am not sure we are talking about the same sound.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Ahh you're talking about the pedal itself ,i was thinking the sound came from the release fork.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Law_

Post by Law_ »

yes i got it too... i think we discussed this here already, no?
pressing the pedal when the car is cold gives a metalic sound like squeezing something...

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Thats the one law it doesnt sound like it could be the release fork but i think its diffinatly coming from the engine bay because i can only hear it when the window is down.
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

Law_

Post by Law_ »

i can hear it with windows up ! its a bit loud... i guess there is not too much to be worried about but will talk with my mechanic ;)