Aftermarket Cluthes

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Aftermarket Cluthes

Post by Dodo Bizar »

In my case it is really the pedal itself. Can almost feel it through my foot.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

i quite like it, makes me feel happy :)

maybe im sad.....
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

The aftermarket clutches kit are not good especially the bearings. I know that because I have on my civic an Aisin kit.
I am planing to change my clutch and I am wondering which clutch kit to put the stock or from civics d16.
The oem clutches kit from d15-d16 engines are better or what else from our d14 series clutches?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

ACT are said to be good. Exedy too, but not the organic ones. When did you replace the stock one? Did you see what make it was?

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I replaced 2 years ago, it is Aisin one.
But now I am planing to put an OEM clutch kit and i don't know which one to choose a d14 or d15-16 series clutch kit (disc, plate, bearing).

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

ACT are also known to have Heavy pressure plates .
If you quite often launch your civic hard like in drag racing you'll most likely be better of with a puck style disk.The material grabs harder ,as like the organic plates don't.They don't like to get "bashed"on.I'm going to get a Competition Clutch stage 1 6 puck for a d16.Which offers 40-50% holding capacity over stock.More then i will ever need on the D14.

Ow yeah don't get to heavy pressure plates the last thing you want is Crank walk .Imo you'll never need a stage 2 clutch on a N/A D14 .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Indeed OEM D14 clutch doesn't hold long as I found when launching the 11th time full load. Still since I backed of the clutch is still works fine during normal use, just don't get it too hot.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Strangly mine at 110'000kms is ruined. It holds the revs during gear changes and the bearing is also making noises when i release the clutch gear. How can this be explained? The car was not for races before i get it... Just for normal city use... Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

bad use i guess

Law_

Post by Law_ »

saxophonias wrote:bad use i guess
Really bad, like driving the car with foot on clutch... Bad luck for me :?