Aftermarket Flywheels

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
lumpenst

Re: Aftermarket Flywheels

Post by lumpenst »

hondaNickx wrote:Even when using the FJT rods (which will fit fine) , it's too dumb to put this into a D14 engine.You're looking at modifying your crank girdle ,oil pump, oil pan and what not .Just get a D15 engine for 50 euros or so and use a D16z6 oil pump it's a lot easier safes you money and it's a lot stronger.You need to upgrade your D14 oil pump anyway.

You don't need a different flywheel ,you do need a different harmonic balancer.
Making engine swaps officially is very difficult in my country. That is why i have to go through all the trouble. And a spare d15 engine would cost like 2000-3000 dolars or maybe even more here.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

If that is the case sombody over here should load a crate full with D15's ship them to your country (which are we speaking about?) and make a small fortune. But we're talking D15B2/B7 and not D15B right? (Still no way a D15B should do 2-3k).

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Indeed 2-3000 dollars for a D15B7/2 engine is wayyy too much.
Not even a jdm D15B cost that much more like $1000.

Somebody i know bought a whole D15b7 for 50Euros and turbocharged the hell out of it.Burns everything oil/water/fuel but it still runs :lol:
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"