clutch compatability

Between power and road surface lies a crucial step, transmission makes you go or not
sktaroins

Re: clutch compatability

Post by sktaroins »

ow hi guys,

just a little something that i know about clutches - well basically its a test to find out if its good or not.

well we usually lift the hand brake and then we try to balance the accelerator and the clutch pedal at the same time,,,so if the engine pulls forward --that means that its good. if stays at its place it means the clutch is slipping :-)

Daiken clutch are good as well - no slips whatso ever. havent tried heavy duty clutch but iam looking for a double clutch disc plate in the future to buy ;-)

tc

jangz

Post by jangz »

Hi thanks for your tip, I also hear that Daiken (Exedy) as an OEM part are ok, however at the moment my D14 clutch cant cope all that well with my turbo power yet still most days it seems to be ok. I was wondered if a D16 clutch and flywheel (OEM) would be enough to take approx 200 bhp as i dont have the money to fork out for an ACT or clutchmasters clutch plus know where to get one via a UK seller as mostly the postage is what kills it for me.

If a D16 clutch can handle 200hp or even 180ish i should be ok. Would anyone know if this would cope and grab well?
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

You mean a new d16 clutch or a used one? Are you sure that you will find an oem honda at a reasonable price? Are you going to do it alone? The clutch change I mean

jangz

Post by jangz »

When it comes to changing the clutch it would be done by a mechanic and not by myself.

I just wanted to find out if there was a new OEM D16 replacement flywheel that could be bought for cheaper than an aftermarket one but if not then i guess the only options is aftermarket. I can pick a F1 lightened flywheel for £140ish (I am aware that F1 clutches have a really bad rep but the flywheel seem to have no reports of any issues or people getting any problem)

Second hand flywheel is risky in my opinion, but if I could get a good one that would help to lower costs. Just need to put together something to hold approx 200bhp, I just cant afford the £250-£300+ price tag on some of the higher spec brands. Although I am aware of the importance of a clutch and tires when it comes to cars.

Plus I cant seem to get any good named clutches that are sold within the UK (uk website).
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Buy a fidanza flywheel they are greatly priced