TPS wiring

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
dori_dori

TPS wiring

Post by dori_dori »

guys I am desperate for help here I need to know what colour wires are the 5v, signal and ground for obd1 and obd2b throttle position sensors.

Dropped a z6 into my GA3 Logo a few months back been running fine but ecu light always been on only things touched wiring wise was changing the tps plug as the logo one was different doing the 3>2 wire iacv mod.

Everything else on the wiring side is untouched vtec solenoid was wired direct from ecu to the sensor and the pressure switch the same wire direct from ecu to sensor and the other wire ground in the engine bay. The car drives fine hits vtec no problem when up to temp idle when cold is on the high side but settles down nicely when warmed up.

Help is much appreciated!!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: TPS wiring

Post by Dodo Bizar »

As a basic rule, the green wires (with a coloured stripe) are ground. The yellow wires (with another coloured stripe) are 5V and the other wire, usually red with a stripe or full white in the older OBD1's is signal.

Both same for TPS and MAP, though wiring order at the sensor position is different.

Since your car drives I do not believe there is something wrong there. I am more wondering how you fixed the IACV problem and if that is not your current error code flashing on the dash. What ECU do you drive now, the Z6 one I assume?