building d14a4 with megasquirt v1 ecu

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
sentex

building d14a4 with megasquirt v1 ecu

Post by sentex »

Hi i got this megasquirt ms1 ecu (old as fck) and tought that i would hook it up to my d15b2 block with d14a4 distributor and fuell injection. im using d16a6 intake manifold and stock 190cc injecors cuz i have heard that mega works better with high impedance (OHM) injectors. I am going to build the wiring harnes from ground up and i ripped apart one of my d15b2 distributors and noticed that it would be absolutely perfect for the ignition trigger. The honda distributors have 2x trigger wheels in them one with 20 tooth and one 4 tooth and it uses VR sensors for the ignition trigger. So i am going to study the schematics and structure of the mega ecu and am going to update this thread as i progres more with my work. I allso found out that with megasquirt MS1 and MS2 i have to use signall modifyer to get the ecu to understand the VR signall. The modifyer does this by turning a bluewave signall into square signal. And the trigger wheel i have to use is the top one inside the distributor with 4 tooths. Trigger via distributor is said to be verry dificult (usually done by trigger from flywheel) because if you move the cam advance or rotate the distributor you have to set the new TDC mark and trigger offset for the ecu. I am confident that i am going to get it to work because our cars are still using analog signals and not can ways so they work better with the cheaper ecus like megasquirt and VEMS. All critic (good or bad) is welcome in this topic and i hope that if someone has done this before. He would share some notes :)