EJ9, D14A3/4, AEM FIC piggy back, connections

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
volatile666

EJ9, D14A3/4, AEM FIC piggy back, connections

Post by volatile666 »

Hello,
Im looking into using an AEM F/IC (piggy back) with the EJ9s stock ECU to control VTEC (Mini Me). Im not sure about the necessary connections between them.
The D14A3/4 uses SFI as you probably all know (injector 1+4/2+3 combined). Is this a problem for the piggy back? How do I wire the injector lines?
Do I wire:
-INJ14 from the ECU to INJ1 IN on the piggy back and then INJ1 OUT into INJ14 in the loom (and then the same for INJ23/INJ2 IN)
-INJ14 from the ECU to INJ1 IN and INJ4 IN on the piggy back - what then, I probably shouldnt connect outputs on the piggy back?
-afaik the EJ9 has a splitter for the injector lines somewhere after the ECU, do I have to delete that and simply use the piggy backs 4 injector outputs? What about the inputs then?

Has anybody done something similar (using the AEM F/IC)?

Thank you!

volatile666

Re: EJ9, D14A3/4, AEM FIC piggy back, connections

Post by volatile666 »

So, Ive been thinking about this some more. Since cylinder 1+4/2+3 move the same they also can inject and fire at the same time - so all of this doesnt matter right? (somehow I didnt think about the actual motor and its mechanics, only the electronic side of things...)
I just intercept both injector wires and route them through 2 injector channels on the F/IC and that should be it!