D14A4 racing ecu

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
hondamies

D14A4 racing ecu

Post by hondamies »

Hi!!

I´m new to this forum, hi to everyone!!

We have a 1998 EJ9 Civic with A14A4 engine and P3Y ecu as a stock class rally car. We bought this car with too little info about the combination ( should have been better prepared...)and as I now have been searching all over, it seems to be very difficult to spice it up. At first we tried OBD1 conversion with jumper harness but of course it won´t fit the original plugs ( only 2 connectors on this one ). The class rules requires original wiring, distributor, manifolds etc. but you are allowed to use performance ecu if it fits the original connectors ( jumper harness is ok ). I´m not that familiar with car electrics, our tuner told there´s something in the distributor that didn´t allow us to use DTA ecu box neither.
We are now planning on going for Megasquirt.
I´d like to ask your advice, will this work? Has anyone done it?
Is there any other options for this? We´d mostly look for better response for throttle plus better shifting points on high revs.
What are these piggybacks I´ve read, would they do the job?
would it be possible ( are there any instructions ) to build a jumper harness to make OBD1 Ecu to fit original wiring/distributor/manifold?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

cstefan

Re: D14A4 racing ecu

Post by cstefan »

Hello, it would be easyer to change your distributor for a d15 or d16 distributor obd1 then connect the 5 wires to the wiring adapter inside the car, also split the injector wires.

hondamies

Re: D14A4 racing ecu

Post by hondamies »

Yes it would. Unfortunately the rules won't allow that. Everthing must be stock, only some minor modifications are allowed. Ecu can be changed but stock connectors must stay. Jumper harness would be ok. I believe proper racing ecu just can't be put in this vehicle. The car is in tuningshop at the moment for megasquirt installation. Seems to be bit hard as even the finnish honda importer is not able to supply correct wiring diagrams for this specific vehicle etc. But the mechanic seemed confident.... can't back down now :))