Immobilizer Delete

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
sandras

Immobilizer Delete

Post by sandras »

Hello,

It's my first post here, and I'm going to ask you a questionable thing, so plese bear with me.

Maybe half a year ago, I bought an EJ9 from a friend. Now I'm trying to get it ready for bi-yearly technical inspection. One of the problems the car has, is it always has the check engine light on. What I think it is, is it's got some circuits burned out, because, when pulling codes from the ecu, i get the code 0 - CEL constantly on. The car starts poorly and runs, but I'm suspicious it runs in limp mode.

Anyway, so I bought a new ECU. But with the new ECU the car doesn't start at all. What it is, I think, is the immobilizer. The ECU and the immobilizer must be paired. I need to reprogram the ECU, or I need to remove the immobilizer.

The reason I don't want to go as far as reprogramming the ECU, is because the whole electronic fuel injection is going to go in to the bin, if I'm succesful, - I want to go with bike carbs on my engine eventually. So you see, I'm not about investing more money in to the electronics, if I'm going to get rid of them eventually.

Now for the immobilizer delete. Some people say to just remove the riser board from the ECU. But that's not good enough for me, since then it throws the CEL again. I need a way to delete the immobilizer without a CEL popping up because of the bi-yearly inspection I mentioned earlier.

Is there a way? If so, can you share it? If not publicly, as this is sensitive information, then perhaps in a PM?

Thank you and have a nice day.

sandras

Re: Immobilizer Delete

Post by sandras »

Here's another idea I thought of. Couldn't I just resolder the riser board from my old ECU to the new one? Is my assumption that the immobilizer is in the riser board a wrong one?

Acc3l3ratoR

Post by Acc3l3ratoR »

sandras wrote:Here's another idea I thought of. Couldn't I just resolder the riser board from my old ECU to the new one? Is my assumption that the immobilizer is in the riser board a wrong one?
this could work.... i have a friend with a fried ecu and he just ripped the immo-a0 board....
the car starts after a long crank ...and the cel is always on... and drives ok...

ej9tech

Post by ej9tech »