Venezuelan Civic D16Y4 P2K ECU D4T9404 Distrib

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
demianra

Venezuelan Civic D16Y4 P2K ECU D4T9404 Distrib

Post by demianra »

Hi Mr. Dodo trying to find some lights on the internet i´ll reach your swap site, my question it´s simple but it can have 2 answers.

Some explain of the case our ECU it´s a P2K verry similar or same as P3X/Y SFi 2 connectors one with 26 and second one 22 pins, this one comes with D4T9404 distribution same found on Germany for D14 engine and yours, as far i can research this one it´s led optical with chank sensor inside.

My questions are:

First it´s possible to use another distribution with this ECU or it´s mandatory change it, as far i can see part of the sensors needed are inside in the distribution but maibe it can be done in another way.

Second my real problem it´s to find quality spare parts for this distribution, only has generic coils and modules if you want some with better quality it´s very rare or chinese fakes, ¿you know where i can find a good or higher quality ones?.

For that reason i like to change this distribution if it can be done without ECU/Harness swap, because this cars lack of sensors and swaping requieres a lot of changes (my guess again).

My setup isn´t for racing it´s for better daily use of my car, my country has a low quality gasoline better spark gaves me better results.

Wild E Coyote

Re: Venezuelan Civic D16Y4 P2K ECU D4T9404 Distrib

Post by Wild E Coyote »

Before anybody else gets in: D14 distributor should be the same as for the D15 distributor. I have just recently rebuilt mine (D15Z6). The problem you are facing is igniter. For some reason, Honda has declared it unavaliable for this distributor and would like to sell you the complete distributor (although by now it could be no longer available). However, the Honda part for igniter listed for some other engines 30130-P06-006 is exactly the one you need. That is even in catalogue liste as Hitachi E12-303. If you go for aftermarket part made by Hitachi this what you need: HITACHI 2508089. That is exactly the same part.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... 9&_sacat=0

Ignition coil (30510-PT2-006) is normally obtaineable from many sources (NGK, Magnetti Marelli, Hella, Bosch etc..) https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... &_osacat=0

Hope that helps a bit

demianra

Post by demianra »

That distribution it´s different my ignition coil part number it´s CM1T-231 or OEM 30500-P2A-J01, your D15Z6 has Vtec and OBD2a with P2Y ECU mine it´s P2K 2 connectors part of the signals are inside distribution, but sometimes it´s cheaper to made one ECU with multiple functions and change connectors or components, but dodo as far i can read knows a lor of this electronics, hope if he can tell me for the possibility to find the needed signals or not.

Wild E Coyote

Post by Wild E Coyote »

The igniter has the connector for tacho signal but is unused in my case. Take a look at the link on eBay I posted, the 4. connector, the one on the side alone is for that signal. In my case only the bottom 3 are used (the 12 V, the ground and the ignition signal for the coil), and the 4th aside is for the tacho signal which is unused, as the ECU is driving the tacho directly.
So I still think the distributor is the same, but it misses that one wire output for the tacho signal.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Good info. I was unaware on availability of the stock d14 distributor parts.