Obd2 to Obd1

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
hondaNickx

Re: Obd2 to Obd1

Post by hondaNickx »

No i can not it's a D14a4 ,a harnass doesn't excist for this type of ecu.I could make one ,i have the connectors and everything no problem .But that just puts more junk behind that plastic cap that allready doesn't fit too wel.I want to make it as clean as possible.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yup, the harnass really takes up a lot of space. And the hard plastic did not help mine either...

Yup the 24 p is there as well, asking even more cm length in de wires.
As for the grommit, I think sliding it up a few cms is fine. Think the engine bay can lose them, 1 or 2.

I am actually doubting... did I lengthen the OEM wires or not, I needed to add a lot and some needed to be soldered anyway since the pin-size changed from the smaller to the bigger ones... hmmm, mayby I even slit the grommit a bit.

Thinking even further, I did the same style OBD1 conversion on... well a car in The Hague (oh yeah, it was Riaz, got 135 bhp from his mini-me D14 I think), think I did not really run into length problems... so, pretty sure you'll be fine anyway.

Memory... it fails sometimes.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Lol Thx Joris , i'll give it try and just make it like this ,in the worst case i'll have to put my ecu upside down.And if that happens i'll make some sort of cover to put over the connectors.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Working 2h a day, how many days do i need to re-pin all the wires, using a Bplug for ECU and a dizzy plug on the cables (and not a conversion harness) in order to do this work? Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

who is going to make a harness for d14a4 guys?We will pay for sure :D

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Yes for sure, it would save a loooot of trouble for D14 guys |

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i can promote it very easily :)

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Please do it. I will gladly pay the price of an engine harness or the price of new conversion harness for a conversion harness for D14 ! i would need one of those i've mentioned anyway, since changing the hole harness seems to take too long !

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Ok i'm just done converting my 2nd D14a4 engine harnass to obd1 but this time i'm a bit confused.I got everything hooked up fine afaik but i didn't made a split on any wires (normally 2 splits ...?) and i'm left over with a VCC2 and a SG2 kable from the oem wire harnass...I double checked everything and every wire is hooked up and it should be good.I pulled 3 extra wires for the Lambda and 5 extra for the ignition and they are all hooked up...I don't know why i still have those wires left... :x Need help pls

Law_

Post by Law_ »

How much didi it took you to do that?
Im considering buy a D16Y7 harness and then buy conversion harness :S