Obd2 to Obd1

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
hondaNickx

Re: Obd2 to Obd1

Post by hondaNickx »

If you take your time and do every wire step by step ,you should be able to make it right the first time.Just take your time...My first conversion works fine for over 2years now.It's better to spread it over a entire week and do little bits at the time.

It was really late when i finished my conversion harnas yesterday maybe that's why i couldn't figure out why i had those wires left over.But i figured it out now .I just need to hook up the oem Vcc2 and ig2 wires to the harnass and then take a split from SG2 and IGP2 for my Lambda.
Now i have IGP2 and SG2 off the lambda hooked up directly onto the Ecu on D20 and D22 of the D-connector.Weird i made that mistake for the 2nd time ,i also did this mistake on my first obd1 conversion.Must be a little confusing with the splitter wires... :?:
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Installed the engine harnas today but i ended up with trouble.
Engine starts and runs fine on idle ,but stalls after 20sec .
The first time it trew a Cel code 4 (crank positioning sensor).
I changed the ignition with another one but problem remains ,alltough the Cel code4 went away it still stalls and it even gives the battery light and the light next to that (can't remember the name of that one right now).

All ignition wires are hooked up correctly ,i double checked that ...
Somebody got an idea what this might be?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Law_

Post by Law_ »

No man, sorry good luck with that but im noob in electronics

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Make sure all ground contacts etc. are clean. Those often cause a lot of trouble (in which the most sensitive sensors fail the first from the viewpoint of the ECU).

Further check for breaks... I got a ton of issues which ended up being just a bad wire near the ECU in the first 10 cm, replaced that part of wire 4 years ago, never had any electrical probs again.

But I read you already got the B-plan with the D16Y7 loom, hope you get it working man!

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I want ask about immobilizer.
When changing the ecu from obd2 to obd1 still the car don't start due to immobilizer.
What must be done for cut off the immobilizer for starting the engine.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i was under the impression that if using an obd1 ecu the imob. doesn't work:roll:

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

The immobiliser for the starter is still in place, but it should have recognised the key unless you changed key or threw away its chip? (Happens awfully much since the rubber wears out an dpeople throw it away forgetting the white plastic contained in the rubber is the actual chip!)