ECU connection to computer

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
Slavixs

ECU connection to computer

Post by Slavixs »

What I need to connect the Honda ECU to computer traugh USB? Simply I saw that with some soft on PC I can see all engine problems and etc... :oops:
EJ9 1.4 with D16Z6 IM (crashed-sold)
Volvo V40 1.9TD (now)

Law_

Re: ECU connection to computer

Post by Law_ »

Our ECUs dont have 16pins entry... i guess we cant. unless we use a different connector. But i dont believe that our ECU supports it.
off topic: im very good at Vag-com, i would love to connect this ECU.
Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

can't we do it like the tester does? I mean there are universal obd2 appliances that do this job. Still they are a bit expensive.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

I doubt that we can link any cable to that connector. Or Honda does it in Service Garages?

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

i guess the ecu wizards of the forum could enlighten us hehe

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Well for OEM ECU's you have the Honda data logger or connector. Whatever it is called. Strictly a dealer tool, but sometimes you can get your hands on one.

For chipped ECU's you have various ways of datalogging. I believe my ECU has an R323 to USB connector (or what is it called this R323?) from an old Nokia phone haha. First I used it with Crome which has its own protocol and now I use eCtune with another protocol.

So I use the same cable, but different software to read the ECU for different programming of the ECU. Ow and as a drawback, I understood the OEM datalogging unit does not work anymore after the ECU is chipped.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

But do you use stock P28 with some map?
Or other ECU (and then you can connect the cable?)
What i am trying to ask is if P28 has the connector you reffered?
Cheers

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Well for OEM ECU's you have the Honda data logger or connector. Whatever it is called. Strictly a dealer tool, but sometimes you can get your hands on one.

For chipped ECU's you have various ways of datalogging. I believe my ECU has an R323 to USB connector (or what is it called this R323?) from an old Nokia phone haha. First I used it with Crome which has its own protocol and now I use eCtune with another protocol.

So I use the same cable, but different software to read the ECU for different programming of the ECU. Ow and as a drawback, I understood the OEM datalogging unit does not work anymore after the ECU is chipped.
Any pics would be great! Finding a nokia connector can't be too difficult!!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yes, I actually run both my cars (the D14 mini-me and the B16B car) with modified OEM P06 ECU's.

So both ECU's got a new chip and some VTEC components. The datacable is only on one of them... I can't log the B16B.