OBD2B to OBD1 Conversion for a 99 Civic - Can it be done?

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
cad civic mechanic

Re: OBD2B to OBD1 Conversion for a 99 Civic - Can it be done?

Post by cad civic mechanic »

Its a real nice colour man, do you know the paint code for it ?
Dont slack her till you wreck her, horse on regardless

Hashiriya

Post by Hashiriya »

Hello!

My Logo is OBD2B as well, and it's a similar engine to the D14A4 (mine's a D13B7), swapping to D16Z6. I presume it's almost the same electronic constitution of the D14, as the intake manifold is the same. But this is just a "not so wild" guess.

For now, my concern and difficulty on finding information, is understanding the VTEC bits.

I would need to get the plugs (which ones?) and then make the cables to connect to the ECU. Using a conversion harness, those cables would plug into the conversion harness plug directly right? It's a straight forward procedure?

Thank you very much!

Hashiriya

Post by Hashiriya »

Hashiriya wrote:Hello!

My Logo is OBD2B as well, and it's a similar engine to the D14A4 (mine's a D13B7), swapping to D16Z6. I presume it's almost the same electronic constitution of the D14, as the intake manifold is the same. But this is just a "not so wild" guess.

For now, my concern and difficulty on finding information, is understanding the VTEC bits.

I would need to get the plugs (which ones?) and then make the cables to connect to the ECU. Using a conversion harness, those cables would plug into the conversion harness plug directly right? It's a straight forward procedure?

Thank you very much!
I think i wasn't clear enough, when reading it again!

Imagine my OBD2b cables, converted to OBD1 and plugged to a P28 ECU. Since i'm gonna add the D16Z6 to my engine, i need to add the cables to add the VTEC as well. So theoretically i should get the plugs of the VTEC bits, and connect them directly to the conversion cables, in the right pins, correct? What do i need to connect, from the D16Z6 bits, that are VTEC related? And is there any store that sells just the plugs? The cable i could solder, to reach where it should be connected to, no biggie.

Am i expressing myself right? 8-)

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Look at my pinouts in the menu on the main page of dodo-upgrades. In the OBD1 pinout you'll see VTS (VTEC signal) and VTM (oil pressure check). The VTM is not always present, but if it is it needs a third cable from SG2, the ground for your pressure sensor.

Hashiriya

Post by Hashiriya »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Look at my pinouts in the menu on the main page of dodo-upgrades. In the OBD1 pinout you'll see VTS (VTEC signal) and VTM (oil pressure check). The VTM is not always present, but if it is it needs a third cable from SG2, the ground for your pressure sensor.
So, depending on if the VTM is present or not, i will need to add 1 plug (VTS) or 3 (VTS + VTM + SG2)?

Is there any "easy" place where i can find just the plugs?

Thanks for the information, Dodo 8-)