eCtune D14 mini-me example files

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
CRX2

eCtune D14 mini-me example files

Post by CRX2 »

Fot those who are interested in ecu/chip tuning:
I uploaded an example off a D14A3 with minime, Dodo's car in this case.
With the software eCtune you can take a look at all the data and tables I hope...

Can someone try if this works?

- Install eCtune ( http://websrv.ectune.com/ectune.setup.current.zip )
- Open eCtune
- Open the "dodo_CRX2.cal" file ( http://www.crx2.nl/dodo_CRX2.rar )
- Open the datalog files

If everything works OK then you can see ALL sensor data.
The datalog I included is about 30 minutes of data. This data was logged while tuned the car. Can be very interesting?

Please let me know in this topic if it works?

BTW: I posted the .cal file..NOT a .bin file... So it's not possible to make a chip from it :P :mrgreen:
"Succes is 99% failure"

cad civic mechanic

Re: eCtune D14 mini-me example files

Post by cad civic mechanic »

Was able to install and open ectune, but when i opened the crx2 data file and tried to view data nothing was displayed :( Was the download for the ectune software a tuners version ?
Dont slack her till you wreck her, horse on regardless

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

No, it's the "normal" version.

In fatc, there is only one version. When you have the right license key it turns into a tuner version.
When you don't have a license it should say "Datalogger" version.
"Succes is 99% failure"

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Sorry i cannot open this on this pc but i will study this, at home this weekend ! Thank you very much for share =) i'll keep you updated ;)
Dodo can you give us impressions about the feeling of the car before / after tunning?

cad civic mechanic

CRX2 wrote:No, it's the "normal" version.

In fatc, there is only one version. When you have the right license key it turns into a tuner version.
When you don't have a license it should say "Datalogger" version.
Ahh I understand what you mean, how much would the licence cost? Do you have any idea why I cant view the data, still cant get it to open :cry:

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

I try to look into it this evening...
"Succes is 99% failure"

cad civic mechanic

Ok, thanks Rene

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Works at my system, but I did not re-install eCtune, I already had it, only did 'force update'. Btw it is a PRI-edition (Pro Demon), what does that mean?

Assuming install is the same for everybody, I just opened the .cal file. After that go to 'datalog' -> 'open log file' and select one of the 'elf' files. Here I can watch my fuel maps, ignition maps and the entire log files.

Btw: improvements were not felt by me, since differences were too small for that. In case of the B16B it is different, that one gained power with each minute when we were at it.

Though during a much older session it was different, both first time non-VTEC OBD1 tune and the tune after the VTEC swap, improvements were big and felt by me during driving.

cad civic mechanic

Dodo Bizar wrote:Works at my system, but I did not re-install eCtune, I already had it, only did 'force update'. Btw it is a PRI-edition (Pro Demon), what does that mean?

Assuming install is the same for everybody, I just opened the .cal file. After that go to 'datalog' -> 'open log file' and select one of the 'elf' files. Here I can watch my fuel maps, ignition maps and the entire log files.

Btw: improvements were not felt by me, since differences were too small for that. In case of the B16B it is different, that one gained power with each minute when we were at it.

Though during a much older session it was different, both first time non-VTEC OBD1 tune and the tune after the VTEC swap, improvements were big and felt by me during driving.
I tryed that, when I open the datalog drop down bar all the options are gray and cannot be accessed. Could it be because the file is a .rar file ?

How do you run "force update" ?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ehr... you should extract the rar file using winrar for example ;). There should be 3 files in it, one cal file and 2 elf files. Cal files are the default to open in the open menu, elf in the datalog menu.

Force update is a program accesible from the start menu in the ectune program folder usually. NOT from within eCtune self.