Final speed-stock ecu

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: Final speed-stock ecu

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I have tested the top speed of my D14 several times in the past (hello Autobahn Germany!). Once it went to 230kmh, but nowadays it tops on 220 (due to different under car clearance I hope). I always ended up with weird stuff after those runs. Broken ignition modules, loose spark plugs...

And the B16B, since it produces so much power, I never topped it in 5th gear, max speed ever is 210 kmh at the dial since the engine sounds like it will kill it self in a resonant vibration when I keep it too long at a fixed high rpm, which is basically what happens in 5th gear over 200.

@Betek after IM swap and OBD1 I topped around 200 ~210 depending on the exact configuration.

Before that I had 90 bhp configuration with exhaust header, midpipe and muffler 55 mm, topped around 190 ~200.

Everything tested going west-east on a piece of Autobahn, turning around and going top east-west to cancel wind effects.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

ilya wrote:Before install IM D16Z6 I clocked up to 150-155. After 160-165. on the same stretch of road.
Indeed, but you have auto gear, don't you?
It seems that the swaping has benefits like the torque and the final speed ;) :)
Somebody with manual?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Btw: all my top speed runs were in 4th gear... 5th gear is much much slower. In the past 20 kmh slower than 4th, but nowadays almost 30 kmh diff.

ilya

Post by ilya »

YES! AT gear, but am feeling it! :D

By the way! Installation AND IM D16. AND JETS. I have a stable flow of gasoline. balance.
D16IM + D14 JETS = high consumption of gasoline
D16IM + D16 JETS = normal consumption of gasoline

ECU obd2b yet.

any ideas?
Last edited by ilya on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=359 how2swap IM
EJ9 Russian Helper http://www.ej9.ru
Full Scheme SFI-OBD1 PDF [ENG]
SofRom 1.15 R2 - Chippest RTP Emulator like Hondata S300 and Moates Ostrich

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Dodo Bizar wrote:I have tested the top speed of my D14 several times in the past (hello Autobahn Germany!). Once it went to 230kmh, but nowadays it tops on 220 (due to different under car clearance I hope). I always ended up with weird stuff after those runs. Broken ignition modules, loose spark plugs...

And the B16B, since it produces so much power, I never topped it in 5th gear, max speed ever is 210 kmh at the dial since the engine sounds like it will kill it self in a resonant vibration when I keep it too long at a fixed high rpm, which is basically what happens in 5th gear over 200.

@Betek after IM swap and OBD1 I topped around 200 ~210 depending on the exact configuration.

Before that I had 90 bhp configuration with exhaust header, midpipe and muffler 55 mm, topped around 190 ~200.

Everything tested going west-east on a piece of Autobahn, turning around and going top east-west to cancel wind effects.
Our little engines seems that produce a lot of power with some correct modification. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

ilya wrote:YES! AT gear, but am feeling it! :D

By the way! Installation AND IM D16. AND JETS. I have a stable flow of gasoline. balance.
D16IM + D14 JETS = high consumption of gasoline
D16IM + D16 JETS = normal consumption of gasoline

ECU obd2b yet.

any ideas?
Maybe you can find a auto tranny from 92-95 civics and swap all the package of the ecu obd1 from the same car.
I supose then you can add a program at ecu and get gain some extra power

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

To make more top speed you need power at high rpms. So simple as that.
Betek if your mods give you power at high rpms then your 4rth gear will become better and probably you will be able to set it to rev limiter at 7000+ meaning you will be around 200+. Don't expect to have the 5th gear giving you more final speed.

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Speed is limited by engine power and drag of the car .Only jdm cars have a speed limit of 180km/h.
Some long D-series transmissions can go up to 300km/h but their isn't an engine capable of pushing the car that fast.A turbocharged engine might be able.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Just to add that peculiarly, some nissan almeras n15 ga14 engines eudm had speed limiters :D