D14 obd1 conversion => D16y7 ?

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
hondaNickx

Re: D14 obd1 conversion => D16y7 ?

Post by hondaNickx »

ilya wrote:PCS OBD1 - OBD2a = same

PCS OBD2b = different

It should be yes, but my obd2a D16y7 engine harnas used a different one the same plug that they use for the iat sensor (black rectangle).I found it to be weird when i saw it the first time too.But it might be replaced allready?

@ Baz yes that's the PCS sensor
@ Dawan Baz is right , 96-00 has te ecu plugs on the engine loom.The interior plug is the green plug .
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

baz

Post by baz »

hondaNickx wrote:
ilya wrote:PCS OBD1 - OBD2a = same

PCS OBD2b = different

It should be yes, but my obd2a D16y7 engine harnas used a different one the same plug that they use for the iat sensor (black rectangle).I found it to be weird when i saw it the first time too.But it might be replaced allready?

@ Baz yes that's the PCS sensor
@ Dawan Baz is right , 96-00 has te ecu plugs on the engine loom.The interior plug is the green plug .
Check!

I will look at the pinout of the wire colors match the connector, so i can label it :D
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

Law_

Post by Law_ »

what is PCS for? i guess mine is deactivated and some times when i push too hard the check engine light lights up !

baz

Post by baz »

Law_ wrote:what is PCS for? i guess mine is deactivated and some times when i push too hard the check engine light lights up !
Purge control solenoid

It's part of the EVAP system ( fuel suction ) that minimizes the amount of fuel vapor getting to the atmosphere. Basically when the engine warms up the valve opens and sucks vapors out of the evap canister. Fuel vapors from the tank are stored in the evap canister.

The EACV is composating but cant handle that much. That explanes why youre enginge light lights up some times.

Check the vacuum hoses or try another PCS.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

Law_

Post by Law_ »

I dont have canister purge. maybe thats why PCS is turned off... and maybe thats why i smell fuel everytime i stop !

baz

Post by baz »

Mm ok, that sounds familiar. Sometimes i smell the fuel to... will look at this anytime soon.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Japanese model doesnt have canister or purge valve. mine is deactivated. i hope that is ok =)

baz

Post by baz »

Problem, there already is a 2wire IACV plug on my D16y7 engine loom. Is that possible? If not what are the wire colors of the plug?
:shock:
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

baz wrote:Problem, there already is a 2wire IACV plug on my D16y7 engine loom. Is that possible? If not what are the wire colors of the plug?
Sure it isn't a d16y8 engine loom? Got vtec wires in there?
It could be but i don't think it's stock ?I believe the wire color is the same as the D14 (not sure on that) (Black/blue ,Yellow/black,Orange) for the Racv .
Black blue and yellow/black are reused
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

baz

Post by baz »

hondaNickx wrote:
baz wrote:Problem, there already is a 2wire IACV plug on my D16y7 engine loom. Is that possible? If not what are the wire colors of the plug?
Sure it isn't a d16y8 engine loom? Got vtec wires in there?
It could be but i don't think it's stock ?I believe the wire color is the same as the D14 (not sure on that) (Black/blue ,Yellow/black,Orange) for the Racv .
Black blue and yellow/black are reused
Positive D16Y7 loom,

How do i check if the loom got vtec wires? I havnt seen those wires for the RACV, (Black/blue ,Yellow/black,Orange).

I will post some photos tomorrow to make thing more clearly.
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm