D14 obd1 conversion => D16y7 ?

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
baz

Re: D14 obd1 conversion => D16y7 ?

Post by baz »

After checkin this i came to the conclusion that i have no orange wire..
The black with blue stripe is already in the A12 slot.

This could mean that there already is IACV connection?

D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

baz wrote:After checkin this i came to the conclusion that i have no orange wire..

That's exactly what i did with my obd2a plug .I repinned A14 to A12 and the orange wire is replaced with the Yellow/black wire .
Seems like your obd2a harnass already run on obd1 before.
Check your engine loom plugs you can sort out the map and tps plugs and also the injectors plugs .All there's left is iacv,and iat sensor.Iat sensor plug is the black rectangle with bue insert , the 2 others that are left over are 2 round plugs if you already have the iacv connection.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

The thing is: OBD2a cars are build both with IACV or RACV, otherwise the pin A12 wouldn't have had any meaning to put it there in the first place!

For instance a D16Y8 Civic and I am pretty sure the D16Y7 OBD2a Civics have IACV and not RACV from the factory.

Law_

Post by Law_ »

D16Y7 has RACV (almost sure). Cheers

baz

Post by baz »

hondaNickx wrote:
baz wrote:After checkin this i came to the conclusion that i have no orange wire..

That's exactly what i did with my obd2a plug .I repinned A14 to A12 and the orange wire is replaced with the Yellow/black wire .
Seems like your obd2a harnass already run on obd1 before.
Check your engine loom plugs you can sort out the map and tps plugs and also the injectors plugs .All there's left is iacv,and iat sensor.Iat sensor plug is the black rectangle with bue insert , the 2 others that are left over are 2 round plugs if you already have the iacv connection.
Its not my obd2a harnass, its my engine loom that has this issue. IACV is already labeled, and also for the other plugs.

I will post some pictures this weekend with the plugs + wires to clarify.

Thx for the help so far :) !
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Afaik the D16y7 civics all uses racv.Where would they place the iacv on that downflow intake manifold ? There isn't room for that...?Correct me if i'm wrong here.There are a lot more empty pin slots in that engine harnass that don't have any meaning,so i'm not getting the point here ?
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I got a TB said to be D16Y7 without RACV... perhaps it is D16Y8 the one I got, neve runderstood it myself. Anyway, OBD2a cars without RACV do exist, (D16Y8) I am confident of that. Ow and B16A2 probably as well...

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Maybe the auto gearbox have other specs.

baz

Post by baz »

hondaNickx wrote:Afaik the D16y7 civics all uses racv.Where would they place the iacv on that downflow intake manifold ? There isn't room for that...?Correct me if i'm wrong here.There are a lot more empty pin slots in that engine harnass that don't have any meaning,so i'm not getting the point here ?
Maybe he former owner has switched already to IACV?
D14A3-OBD1-I/H/E
126 hp /145 Nm

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

baz wrote:
hondaNickx wrote:Afaik the D16y7 civics all uses racv.Where would they place the iacv on that downflow intake manifold ? There isn't room for that...?Correct me if i'm wrong here.There are a lot more empty pin slots in that engine harnass that don't have any meaning,so i'm not getting the point here ?
Maybe he former owner has switched already to IACV?
That could be yes ,but there still would be a orange wire somewhere in that ecu connector.