Z6 mini me, wiring issues

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
novaksaotome

Z6 mini me, wiring issues

Post by novaksaotome »

WellI'm working on the Z6 head to swap in on my D14A4, and I have the hole Z6 engine harness, and will receive the p28 anytime soon. Well i actually have a complete D16Z6 block that i'll eventually swap, but for the moment i dont have the budget to re built it...
My question is, can i just exchange the COMPLETE Z6 harness and install the head? I wonder if this would work better than a adapter or just repining the D14 plugs. Thanks for all the info

Law_

Re: Z6 mini me, wiring issues

Post by Law_ »

yes you can. but you will need also conversion harness to ECU if im right... but it is definitly a cleaner job. cheers

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

a conversion harness? but how come? i mean i want to use the original D16Z6 harness that gets connected to the p28 stock, i guess i just might need to hook up some wires for the dashboard or so, but i was guessing the rest was bolt on... or is it just a dream :shock:

Law_

Post by Law_ »

hum guess you are right, if you use, z6 head, p28ecu, and the dizzy from that head, it should be no prob =) but anyone can confirm if it is just that? Cheers

Hashiriya

Post by Hashiriya »

I'm currently on a similar situation, and still figuring out if it's better to just put a D16Z6 complete harness or keep mine, add the VTEC bits and conversion harness. In the first case, a corresponding dizzy would be necessary?

Law_

Post by Law_ »

If you can, use an entire harness, as baz and hondanickx are doing. reppining takes days and days and is more error-prone. the work is cleaner also, using an entire harness.. in every case, the Ej9 (obd2a version) must be changed.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I sence something going wrong, we are talking about different harnasses.

Baz and Nick are not going to use Z6 harnasses, that will give more work than just converting current harnass. The solution they use is to use EK3 harnass, so D15Z6 instead of D16Z6 (with Z6 reference is made to D16Z6, not D15Z6 usually, isn't it?)

So EK3 or EK4 or EJ6 etc... anything from 6 th gen Civic not being EJ9 chassis will work. But don't take the stuff from 5th gen Civics, the harnass layout is completely different and is a pain to change into 6 th gen layout.

novaksaotome

Post by novaksaotome »

Dodo, well then i'm getting really confused, how come it's going to e difficult to install the complete D16Z6 harness on my D14A4 using a D16Z6 ECU, dizzi, head and manifold? please explain a little bit, cause i dont want to start modifying stuff before i'm sure i follow the right path! thanks again

Law_

Post by Law_ »

Baz and nick will be using d16y7 harness. from Ej6 coupe. thought using d16z6 will be ok, as i've been told d16y8 harness will also fit, and they are similar arent they? sorry for any misinformation, i think we should list all combos that can be used and cannot. cheers

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Law_ wrote:Baz and nick will be using d16y7 harness. from Ej6 coupe. thought using d16z6 will be ok, as i've been told d16y8 harness will also fit, and they are similar arent they? sorry for any misinformation, i think we should list all combos that can be used and cannot. cheers
+1
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete