MegaSquirt

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

MegaSquirt

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ok this is NOT something I will be using anywhen... but still I like to share this stuff with you guys as well.

MegaSquirt systems:
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

It is a aftermarket, do-it-yourself engine management system which can be used on any car. Now the catch is, though it is quite developed and has a lot of users, it is not capable of being a real stand alone system for our typical Honda engine... since it is not really capable of doing more than 2 injectors right now and it has no closed loop lambda control. So you still need the original ECU and have a MegaSquirt piggyback on it. Not to mention not having VTEC or IAB or or or...

Still I got hold of this since this is one of the best ways to convert carburated engines to injection and is often used when no alternative was available. And my carburated colleague I have introduced me to it. Well, you'll be suprised about the amount of Honda stories. And not everyone can get hold of Crome or eCtune this just might be an alternative... even only just for the sake of hobby:
http://www.msruns.com/viewforum.php?f=9 ... fee7ca6396

DaWaN

Re: MegaSquirt

Post by DaWaN »

The idea of MegaSquirt is nice but the whole not-so-free licence which goes with the hardware is horrible.
Also as you state the features are not top notch either and combine that with low quality source code and you have a system that is ruined in my eyes.

Currently i'm keeping an eye on FreeEMS, it looks very promising and if I find a company where I can work on stuff like that for a opensource sake I will defently combine my 2 hobbies (electronics and cars) in my graduation project

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: MegaSquirt

Post by Dodo Bizar »

That would be awesome!