ej - -esi swap

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
luca_ej

ej - -esi swap

Post by luca_ej »

hi i'm looking for the right ej loom for a d16z6 swap ... i've got engine and ecu .harnes just need to know wich interieur loom to fit the D16Z6 ENGINE loom (for a ej9 hb d14a4) thx

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: ej - -esi swap

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I think you are doing it the hard way. Looms are quite different. You probably end up with the wrong connectors for the Integrated Control Unit, cockpit and all the lights... could be wrong though but be warned.

Better just grap a D15Z6 engine loom (ECU part is included in that one) or something similar, D16Y8 loom would be best, but hard to get your hands on in most of Europe I guess.

luca_ej

Post by luca_ej »

today i got a D15Z6 (ek3) interieur loom the same chasis as ej9
but i've find a sit were they make a harnes from obda2 to obd1. but with 8 pin disrubitor (like D15Z6) you can get a conversion for it from 8 to 10 pins

jangz

Post by jangz »

Hey man, I really hope to follow your conversion if it works I may plan to do the same in future.

I have now got my D16z6 Vtec cylinder head fitted. It also has the D16z6 Dizzy (Distributor) fitted also.

I bought a conversion harness but its an OBD1 to OBD2 Distributor conversion harness from Xenocron. Its was cheap and works like a charm.

Check out the link below, I hope it helps you in your conversion. Good luck and I seriously mean that ;)

http://www.xenocron.com/swapobd-harness ... 4622331310
Liberate our minds by any means necessary - Malcom X

luca_ej

Post by luca_ej »

GOT A HARNES TODAY ... LOOKING MY EYES OUT ON THE KABEL TO CHECK THE POSITION's

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Which harness did you buy and have you got it running yet?
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

luca_ej

Post by luca_ej »

i had it running for like a 1000 km then the engine gave up on the northschleife ivi tink about it now its easy to swap with a d15z6engine loom a obd2b (normaly) to obd1 harness (the harness said obd2a )butif you look here on dodo for the ecu outpins its a b i tink ... So know i running back the ej engine and it maks me wanna cry like a little baby !!! So know i have to find a short block the vtec head is still intaked ... Bud one off the rods didn't make it (got 2holls in the engine )... I'm glad im a mechanic so i can do all the work myself or it would be f... Exspencif ... So now i wanna go turbo like i wanted from the start ... good luck with your project just tink logic if your making the loom and better fix some sheme's from auto data they will help !!!!

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

Okay thanks :)
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete