D14z2 TPS wire color?

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
twister

D14z2 TPS wire color?

Post by twister »

Because of frustation that my car has let me down because of an shortcut, i unplugged all the sensor wires without labelling them,

and to make even worse, de TPS en de IAT sensor, both use the sort plug/connector, does anyone know what color the wires are from the TPS sensor?

So i can connect everything as it should, right away.

Thanks!

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Re: D14z2 TPS wire color?

Post by Dodo Bizar »

I think you mean TPS and MAP sensor, these have the same 3-wire plugs.

IAT is a black unique 2 -wire plug in your car.

About TPS and MAP, they always have the same three base colors on all 3 wires (the second color on each wire I ignore for now):
- green (for ground)
- yellow (for 5V)
- red (for signal, either TPS or MAP)

Now TPS has always the signal in the middle position, so middle is red. The sides are either green or yellow. And the MAP is always with the signal at one of the sides, no idea which color is in the middle, but by now you should be able to distinct one from the other.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Btw, what was short circuited? One of the big dead-end collector plugs which are hidden under the IM? These are notorious for making problems, normally just not functioning properly. But in your case, did it actually burn through or something?

I actually consider cleaning up my wire loom and I might consider killing these dead-end connectors first... just for safety.

twister

Post by twister »

Thank you very much, now i can finally divide the TPS en the MAP (indeed i ment de MAP ;) )

and yes, indeed is was one of the dead-end plugs, and it was just 1 wire, with 1 piece of 2mm naked copper, wich caused the fatal heart-attack.

cause: rubbing against the big IM-support through the years.
i'll place a clear picture on wich you can see how small it is.

little question: do need to use the D14 pulley or the D16 pulley?
with the D14 the throttlecable is too long, with de d16 too short?

greets, and till the next problem! :P

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Ah so! Well I removed the IM support years ago since the IM swap, so that means less risk. Indeed that spot is tight, but never thought it could actually cause a short... yikes.

About the TB pulley, you need the D16Z6 pulley and either change TB cable or make a custom bracket which lines out properly.