Ecu help

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
Tommytechno18

Ecu help

Post by Tommytechno18 »

Hi, I am about to do I obd2 to obd1 conversion on my 2000 ej9 d14z2. I have purchased a p28 ecu. But I need a pin out diagram for my current ecu so I can swap some wires about. The ecu I have in my car is a PHX, I can't seem to find any information about it. It has three plugs like the p28, does anyone know if the p28 will plug straight in and work?
Any help will be much appreciated, Tom.

BETEK

Re: Ecu help

Post by BETEK »

Just buy OBD2b to OBD1 conversion harness and you will plug and play

Tommytechno18

Post by Tommytechno18 »

Hi thanks for your reply, however I didn't really want to spend any more money, I'm thinking of removing the wires out of the plug one by one and putting them into the correct place on the p28 plug. So I need a wiring diagram really... Tom.

Tommytechno18

Post by Tommytechno18 »

Ok I found a conversion harness for about £25 from the us. Is there any differences between us and uk configuration, or will it still plug and play? Thanks, Tom.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

I think no, but I am not 100% sure

cad civic mechanic

Post by cad civic mechanic »

Hi welcome to the site. Jorris has the pin outs on this site on the menu to the left, you just need to work out wether yours is OBD2A or OBD2B, buy your self a phase tester from an electrical supplier and start by tracing the wires from the engine side to the ecu side, have the pinout diagrams beside you and mark each wire as you trace it on the diagram and mark the wire with a bit of masking tape and write its function on it. Compare your results with the pinouts from this site. I done it this way and had no bother at all, its just a bit time consuming. Though as betek says the most reliable and easy way is to purchase a conversion harness, its well worth the money and less of a headache.
Dont slack her till you wreck her, horse on regardless

Tommytechno18

Post by Tommytechno18 »

Hi, thanks very much for your help. How do I find out whether it's obd2-a or obd2-b? Thanks, Tom.

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

Your car must be OBD2b because is '99-'00 model.
But anyway you can see what the ecu pinouts looks like and compare that with pinouts picture that you will find on the net or in this site and of course on the manouals
This site has all the information just put a little effort in searching ;)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21
http://dodo-upgrades.nl/

cad civic mechanic

Post by cad civic mechanic »

Just be careful lads sometimes they come with a twist, mines a 99 and its OBD2A although it has an OBD1 dizzy and four independant injectors were a true OBD2 "A" and "B" injectors 1 + 3 and 2 + 4 should be linked, although my engine is a rare 90bhp stock D14Z4
Dont slack her till you wreck her, horse on regardless

BETEK

Post by BETEK »

cad civic mechanic wrote:Just be careful lads sometimes they come with a twist, mines a 99 and its OBD2A although it has an OBD1 dizzy and four independant injectors were a true OBD2 "A" and "B" injectors 1 + 3 and 2 + 4 should be linked, although my engine is a rare 90bhp stock D14Z4
If I am right your car is Civic 5door and I think this chassis is the exception to the rule
Correct me if I am wrong, although your connectors is obd1 the first connector (A) doesn't fit directly in obd1 ecu but must modified slightly