Ecu help

Wiring up and working with the D14 ECUs
pardizzle21

Re: Ecu help

Post by pardizzle21 »

ahhhhhh im getting there........ :D

As far as the 4 wire lambda goes, mine already has 4 wires?- so should i forget about getting extra wires for that?

Dizzy- i think im goin to try a d16z6 and see if my mate can make/adapt a bracket so i can get the timing correct :roll:

I think iv seen what you call 'splitters' when i was swapping the intake mani over, so does that mean if i attach 2 wires to the splitter it will take 4 to the ecu?because it splits them???
I think il start looking for a p28 ecu now, and il get a wire conversion ordered-as im now confident of my parts list :D at last!
thanks again

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Seems like you really have little to do hehehehe, indeed if you already got 4-wires, you're done.

The splitters already in the loom, forget about those, those are all used. You simply have to create your own split somewhere in the loom. For convenience I always do this around the ECU area, especially since it means I don't have the risk of ugly bumps in the engine loom, I can hide al uglyness behind the foot cover of the ECU :mrgreen: . And it means there is some kind of system I can fall back to if years later I got electrical failure somewhere.

mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen »

pardizzle21 wrote: im now confident of my parts list :D
Im glad its coming along well, dont forget to take lots of pictures, post a complete parts list, and create a DIY when you're finished as the more we get, on different engines, the more we will be experts on this engine!

Good luck and keep us updated!
1996 EJ9 Civic
1998 BB8 Prelude Motegi VTi
1998, B16A2 EK4 Civic VTi

Aims:
EJ9 - Now my GF's car.
BB8 - Rebuild after crash damage to front end.
EK4 - Daily driver. Strip and track prep once prelude project complete

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

oh dont worry i will, havnt started yet though!(need ecu and dizzy!)
:D

DaWaN

Post by DaWaN »

Why would you need a D16Z6 dizzy ? Are you going to use a D16Z6 head ?
If you use D16Y8 head you can keep your current dizzy, by far the easiest option

It's quite nice OBD2b uses heated 4 wire lambda, because OBD2a uses a single wire lambda.
Single wire lambda works fine with chipped ecu btw, I passed MOT emission test without issues with 1 wire lambda on OBD1 :)

pardizzle21

Post by pardizzle21 »

im using a d16z6 dizzy as im using a d16 head, very hard to gethold a y8head and dizzy......but would of loved to take that option :) the main query i have is whether il need to do much with the wiring on the dizzy plug to get it to work with my d14z2 loom....... :roll: