EK9 body kit

Top speed versus downforce
saxophonias

EK9 body kit

Post by saxophonias »

Ek9 body kit is very distinctive and transforms the looks of our civics!

This is the genuine 2 piece grille which is quite expensive in comparison to 1 piece copies

This is the front bumper lip
And here is the rear lip
Here is complete
The stock
And EK9

The R rear wing
And the stock one
I bet the R creates a respectable amount of downforce

saxophonias

Re: EK9 body kit

Post by saxophonias »

Here you can see the original 2 piece typeR grill

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

A friend of mine had the EK9 rear wing on his EK4, he said that in one place where once he reached 230Km/h, he could only reach 220 now.

Not every aerodynamics breakdown is a security raiser, but since wing was wind tunnel tested, its a proof of how it improves rear downforce.

Front lip also helps bringin' the nose down... and it looks sweet. ;)
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

Raimundo wrote: Front lip also helps bringin' the nose down... and it looks sweet. ;)
Any personal experience on that? I have always wanted to install one, but unfortunately the front bumper is very very low :(

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

Not in my car, but yes. A friend of mine has an EJ8 Coupe, and with front lip installed, cornering at high speed has become very handy. Top speed has decreased, it is more difficult for him to reach fuel cut in 5th gear. Car is equiped with B16A2 engine, swapped.

Personally I consider front lips more of an appearance mod, because our cars aren't to be driven over 200Km/h regularly, and in a trackday high speed cornening is consider over 160km/h.

If your EJ9 bumper is low, leave it w/o spoiler, you can break the spoiler if you hit the ground with the nose.
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

thanks a lot! Good comments.

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

The track I usually run at (Zandvoort Netherlands) I have a 175, a 140/150 and a 160 km corner when I drive the B16B and the chicane is not present. My D14A3 will have same speed in the 140/150 one, tho others I probably can't reach those speeds.

Hmmmm, I am still in doubt for the EJ1 body (which has 8 cm clearance now without lip).

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo »

I don't know about Netherlands, but here in Portugal some roads are pretty messed up. Some street parking lots have very bad layouts. The shopping center in which I work, the offway ramp climbs up, to descend after that, in the middle my exhaust line gets in touch with the floor :mrgreen:

Also, some entries make my bumper touch the ground, if I had Civic VTi front lip it would be worse.

Its up to the driver to decide, which is the best setup. Super low, super "lips", and super beautiful, or... super driveable!
95' Honda Civic
EDM D14A2

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Were I live roads are descent. But in some neighbouring cities are can't drive. Same type of situations.... I believe constructed on purpose to pester the likes of us...

Law_

Post by Law_ »

The rear bumper is fabulous... dont like how ej9 bumper show is so high.
like a mini skirt. that i like more :D
in Portugal even public places are sometimes a hard work for a stock civic being lower than many stock cars. Happy holidays :D