engine water

Any issues? Discuss them here
Firebass

engine water

Post by Firebass »

guys , before 2 days i changed my intake manifold , during the operation lot of water came out , and we replaced
the problem is that i remember that before we do that the spot of the water in the fridge of the water was at MAX i checked it today it was at MIN i dont think that there is a leakage but i think they didnt put enough in the engine ... what i must do now ? i was thinking of refill to MAX but how should i do it ? i mean i just open the valve and refill or i need to run the engine first and the refill to MAX?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

Firebass

Re: engine water

Post by Firebass »

anyway i refilled a little bit up the MAX limit and i ll start the engine later and i ll watch it , i ll open the valve so some amount of the water can be spilled and we see

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

It is common some air was trapped in the engine which now came out by the reservoir. Just fill the reservoir to MAX, after a while it should stay stable around the MAX. If you have to keep refilling you got a leak, but I bet it was just trapped air.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

no i didnt have to refill after i filled to MAX but now when i do some rides , i open the hood and its above MAX , is it normal that?

Dodo Bizar
Site Admin

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Yup that is normal... I think some rubber hoses change their size a little under heat, having less volume.

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

thnx dodo